Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter three – Some sort of sick joke


Melissa Fox was staring into her locker, as she was about to go to her first period of American History. She glanced at her shoes. Would Will even notice her? He seemed to be preoccupied with other things these days. Melissa sighed as she gently shut her locker door. She then spotted Cherie talking with a few of the others in a corner, on the other side of the hall. This was too much. She pushed her way through the crowded corridor toward them. “Hi guys,” Melissa said with a sweet smile. “Hey Liss,” Cherie said smiling back. “So what’s up?” Melissa asked innocently, her eyes growing wide. “I uh, can you believe who is trying out for the cheerleading squad this afternoon?” Melissa glanced up. “Oh, Alanna, well we’ll see about that.” Melissa said smirking. “No Liss,” Lila interjected. “None other than Elizabeth Wakefield, little miss journalist herself.” Melissa’s mouth temporarily fell open. “Well, she can’t be any good. From what I’ve heard she was only a cheerleader once.” Melissa smirked. Lila looked at Melissa. “She is actually rather good. She just never seemed to like the sport.” Melissa rolled her eyes. Point taken, she thought mentally. This was bad, now she would be seeing double. Just great. Well as long as Liz was nothing like Jessica.

Cherie glanced at Melissa from the side of her eyes. Nice save, she thought. Melissa looked really suspicious there for a second. Okay, so they were planning a party for this Saturday for her birthday. But she didn’t need to know that right? And Elizabeth Wakefield really was planning on auditioning anyway, for the squad. Major dilemma. We don’t need more people. But Coach Laufeld thought otherwise. They needed two new members for their latest stunt. Cherie sighed. “Hey guys, I’d better head off to class.” “Yeah,” the rest of them nodded. “Well, talk to you all later.” Cherie said, as the others were already heading in other directions. “Hey Liss, wait up.” “I just want you to know, that I won’t be able to make it to the mall after practice this afternoon. I have so much homework that I haven’t done from yesterday.” Melissa glanced sideways at Cherie. “Uh huh – so I’ll guess I’ll see you later.” Melissa said, hiding any resentment she felt.


At lunch that day, Jessica Wakefield spotted her sister Elizabeth after having drama class the period before. “Hey Liz, how’s it going? Still thinking of joining the cheerleaders?” Jessica joked as she grabbed her tray and plonked it beside her sister. “Of course I am, it will show that I can put all those egotistical snobs in their place.” “Oh, and I thought you were just doing it for the love of your dear sister.” Jessica said sweetly. “Haha Jess. I know, this is not like me. But everything this year for me has changed dramatically. Cheerleading would just add to the long list. Beside it will be a way to let my frustration out. Kicking Al…Kicking the air with mighty force.” Jessica grinned. “I know you like it deep down. If I remember correctly, you found it fun last year, at the Regionals.” Jessica couldn’t help adding. “Oh, yes the Regionals. We certainly kicked butt, didn’t we?” Elizabeth said her eyes shining. “I’m all set for this cheerleading tryout. I will show everyone that I am good.” “Yay, two blond twins, how could they resist?” Jessica said as she bit into her vege sandwich. But Elizabeth was in la la land something else had caught her attention. Jessica glanced over. Oh, the newest duo around. Skunk, and Shank.

Elizabeth commanded herself to breathe, as she saw Conner and Alanna walk into the cafeteria. She refused to let him see that she was watching. But she noticed that Alanna’s eyes automatically dropped on her. She smirked. What an utter cow, Elizabeth thought. Just then Andy and Tia also walked in. “Hi guys,” Tia said perkily sitting next to them. “How’s it goin?” Andy asked, as he joined the table with the three of them. “Before you say anyyhing Liz. I just want to say how glad I am that you are auditioning for the cheerleading squad. I so know that you will make it.” Tia looked positively happy. “See, there goes everyone’s theory on stereotypes. Which I don’t believe by the way.” Tia let out all in one garbled sentence. “Okay, Mother Theresa here, is thrilled, that you decide to join her on her mission to the um, football field.” Andy let out. Jessica playfully swatted him, as Tia gave him an evil stare. “Hmm, but seriously, we will all be a bunch of girls kicking butt. Not to mention the regionals coming up.” Elizabeth groaned as Tia told her this. “I know you were there last year Liz”, Tia said. “And where would you get an idea like that from?” Elizabeth said, glancing over at her sister. “Well, yeah, but you were great Liz.” Jessica said smiling. “Well, whatever, it will be a part of the new and improved me.” Elizabeth stated, as she glanced at Conner. He had just noticed her. Well, she was surrounded by his friends. So there! Elizabeth thought, giving a brief smile, as Conner just glared. Ah, well. He would soon know, that she was totally over him. Well, maybe.


“Okay now class”, Ms Dalton said in French class. “I would like you all to get into groups of four, to go over the french poetry.” The class shuffled into groups. Maria grinned as Tia, Jessica and Elizabeth automatically joined her. “This stuff is so boring.” Jessica said yawning. “I think it’s kinda romantic.” Elizabeth said, as she glanced through it.” Tia laughed. “This stuff is so sappy. Oh the wind beneath my wings, I mourn for you.” Tia said in perfect french, giggling. Miss Dalton stepped over. “Miss Ramirez, is something funny.” Tia covered her mouth. “No maam, nothing at all,” as she turned back to what they were going over. Elizabeth stared at the clock. Soon her moment of truth would be here. Would she make the cheerleading squad? Maria glanced over. “Go Liz, you rock my socks, Yay, Sweet Valley.” Maria joked quietly, as Elizabeth just sighed. Maria probably thought this was some big joke. Yeah well, she’d show her. And as for that scholarship, she herself would get something too, this semester. She’d make sure of it.


Journal Entries

Elizabeth Wakefield.
Life seemed so simple a year ago. I had good grades. None of these mixed feelings toward other people. A time when Enid was my best friend, Todd my boyfriend. And now, what do I have, a record that could be totally scarred. A boyfriend that ditched me for some boyfriend stealer person, and I’m just about to audition for the cheerleading squad. Talk about nuts!

Alanna Feldman
There are bits and bobs in life. You get what you go after basically. I want to be a cheerleader, just to hack Little Miss Perfect off. I know that Conner will think of us as the Rah Rah girls, but I don’t care, and he totally understands, especially after suffering at rehab and all.

Conner McDermott
Everyone is going nuts on me. Liz and Alanna on the cheerleading squad. Instead of being hacked off by it all. I find that kind of amusing. What exactly is Liz trying to prove? That’s the last place I can imagine her. But we all have our secrets. And Liz has more than her fair share of them. This is all some sort of sick joke.