Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter four - So totally the best


"Okay girls, I want to see you all one by one, perform a simple routine that Tia will demonstrate to you. Make sure to watch her carefully." Yeah, no pressure thought Tia. Now would not be the time to screw it all up. With all these wanna be cheerleaders watching her. Tia took them through a drill. And then stepped aside with all the other cheerleaders that were watching closely. The girls filed in one by one, performing the stunt. Some were okay, but none had that special touch, thought Tia. Just then Elizabeth walked out. Total confidence oozing out of her. Some of the other girls were obviously shocked that Elizabeth had bothered at all. Elizabeth simply glided through the routine with so much intensity, that Tia glanced at the others again. She saw impressed faces. Elizabeth gave a wink at Jessica, and walked back out of the room again.

Melissa Fox, focused her eyes on Elizabeth Wakefield. The girl was really good. Plus she had intensity, which Melissa saw as a good trait. Just like Jessica, Melissa grudgily admitted to herself. Yeah well, that girl had been more trouble than what it was worth. Melissa turned as Cherie mumbled about the girls came in after Elizabeth looked totally out of sorts. Melissa smiled. This was always the amusing part of the auditions. Some girls couldn't cheer at all. "Well, she's not gonna make it", Melissa said quietly as a girl fell over, and bursted into tears. "Poor thing." Melissa said her eyes unmoving. "Okay and last of all," Coach was starting to announce. "We have Alanna Feldman." Melissa prepared herself for another laugh fest. But what she saw, was total experience. The girl was just as good as Elizabeth, Melissa thought with a jolt. The others looked on passively, and Jessica's eyes were pierced. Hmm, maybe Alanna wasn't that bad. She seemed to get a rile out of Jessica. Melissa just folded her arms, and watched the girl finish. The results could be interesting, especially if they were all judging. "Okay everyone," Coach said, as all the girls were settled in the gym. "The results will be posted this Friday after school. So keep an eye out for those," she said. "Alrighty," Coah said to the cheerleaders, after all the auditioners had left. "I would like to start the judging today. Your opinions anyway. I'm going to give you each a form to fill out. And then you can all go home." Melissa squinted at the form. What was with these questions? Loudest voice? Most hyped? Ugh. "And then tomorrow, I will go over them all myself, reaching a conclusion." Okay, so who should Melissa vote for? There were 10 cheerleaders now, she glanced at the form. And wrote Alanna Feldman in the required fields, and passed the form to Coach, as she strolled calmly toward the exit.

Jessica Wakefield glanced at the forms. Well, there was no doubt in her mind. She wrote her sister¡¦s name down on each question. Would Coach pull her up on this? No way! Her sister was simply the best, and that's all there is. But she recalled Alanna, and her turns. They had also been precise. Well, Liz is going to make it no matter what. Jessica thought grinning over at Tia.

Gotta be impartial, Tia thought rottenly to herself. She had to admit that in some field on the question form, that Alanna outwitted Liz, and then vice versa. But then Liz is one of my best friends. Okay tough choice, hmm. Tia filled the form out, glancing at Jessica, who was smiling at her. Yeah, make me feel even worse, thought Tia. Okay, I'm going to be honest, Tia thought, writing down her other thoughts in the comments box, and then handling them to Coach Laufeld whom just smiled.


Conner stepped back from the car, as he was waiting for Alanna to come out of cheerleading auditions. He let a little laugh out to himself. Just then he noticed Elizabeth with a pleased expression on her face. Too much, he thought. "Nice to see you so pleased Liz. Any more secrets?" he called out with jest. Elizabeth's expression showed total shock. Conner felt a little bad, but then he waited for a response. "Actually Conner, I should be asking you that, coming out of nowhere, and surprising me. It looks like I have an official stalker. I'm actually flattered." Elizabeth said strolling toward the jeep as she waited for Jessica to come out from the voting. "Uh huh Liz, flattery comes easy to you right? The whole Evan thing?" "Oh yeah, flattery works so well with him. He's your best friend. I thought you'd know him best of all." Elizabeth stepped closer toward Conner, and said. "Look, here comes your new flavour of the month. Wasn't Tia and Maria enough?" Conner glared at her. "You have no right Liz." "Oh no no no, I'm always the wrong one. Silly me," she giggled. Conner was just flustered. "Hey Alanna," he said as she apprached. She looked a bit drained. "Is everything okay?" he asked glancing at her. "Oh yeah, I just have a sudden headache", she said glancing toward the black jeep parked over just a bit. "I hope I made it," Alanna whispered softly. She hated to admit it, but Elizabeth was good. Why was Elizabeth always in her head?


"You were really great Liz." Jess said smiling. "You are so totally the best." "Thanks Jess," Elizabeth said smiling. But her thoughts were elsewhere. The whole thing with Conner in the parking lot. He had really hurt her feelings. It was a good thing, she was quick to respond, otherwise she would have just broken into two. The whole new improved Elizabeth made her feel better, but it certainly was draining on the 'ol' head. "One day at a time." Elizabeth said grinning over at her sister. "Besides, I know that the uniform would suit me." Elizabeth said looking at Jessica's red and white outfit. Jessica just laughed. "We now have another thing in common." Elizabeth carefully considered this. Her and Jessica had been drifting apart lately. It was about time they were reunited, even if it were through cheerleading, Elizabeth thought with a smile.


Jessica Wakefield
I am happy, okay, beyond rapt, that Liz wants to join the cheerleading squad. But is it really for her? The whole idea of Liz joining me is totally warped. And I hope she¡¦s doing it because she wants to, not just to prove a point. A year ago, I wouldn¡¦t have cared about the reasons. Liz finally joining me! But I remember in 6th grade, when I wanted her to join the Unicorn Club with me. It just wasn¡¦t for her. And she quit, and called us the ¡¥Snob squad¡¦. But we were as close as ever. I think that cheerleading is a way to bring us back together. Even if we get a good laugh out of it ƒº

Tia Ramirez
Hmm, why do I get the feeling that Liz doesn¡¦t really want to be a cheerleader. She seems totally for it, sure. But what are her motives? It¡¦s probably Alanna related. I should just keep out of it all. Yeah, right. What if they both made it? That would be funny if anything. But would that be team unity. It¡¦s been hard enough, with the group now, still bickering occasionally. Well, it¡¦s up to Laufeld anyway.