Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter six – Totally painful

The cheerleaders were all gathered around Coach Laufeld’s office. “Okay, I’m about to post the results, but before I do. I just want to tell you all who made the squad, and will be joining you all.” She smiled at them all. Whoppee, thought Jade, as she looked over at Melissa and her followers. Melissa looked Jade straight in the eyes, her eyes twinkling with mischief. What is she up to? Jade wondered. “Okay, I don’t have much time.” Coach continued. “Your two other squad members are Alanna Feldman…” Jade heard a gasp from Jessica. “and Elizabeth Wakefield.” Laufeld said glancing over at Jessica. Hmm, this seems interesting. Jade just smiled over at Jessica, who scowled, and mouthed the words Alanna.

“Anyway, that’s all I wanted to say, you can go back and enjoy your lunch,” she said, as she walked out of her office, into the gym, where all the other auditioners would be. Melissa glanced at Jessica out of the side of her eyes. After all this time, Jessica was still public enemy #1. Melissa saw Cherie walk up to Jessica. “You must be so proud. Having a sister that is actually better at cheerleading than you.” Cherie grinned at their group. Jessica just rolled her eyes. Melissa looked directly Cherie, her eyes unmoving. “Come on guys, we have to go get some lunch, and after school we can go shopping at the mall, like we were meant to.” Melissa said with a little bite. “I’m sorry I can’t, I have other plans after school. But we can do lunch.” Cherie said glancing warily at Melissa. “That’s such a lame excuse Cherie. If you were trying to avoid me, why not just say it?” Melissa was starting to lose her cool exterior. She backed away. “Fine, do what you like. I’m outta here.” Melissa said with bite. Forget Cherie, she still had, still had, well she didn’t need them anyway. And I can’t believe they would do that to me. Especially Cherie, she’s suppose to be my best friend. Melissa raced off toward a stool, and plonked herself on the ledge. It can’t be, it just can’t. Melissa had to pull herself together and quick. After all, she was just about to have her birthday. Melissa frowned at herself in the mirror. She needed to pull herself together. She didn’t need them anyway.

Cherie Reese watched Melissa walk off in the opposite direction. “I am going after her.” She told the others. “And the party is nearly set up for tomorrow,” she said strolling down the corridor and by the cafeteria. She peeked inside. Where was Melissa? The others were behind her. “Looks like she really did ditch us.” Lila said, glancing around the corridor. Cherie just looked at Lila. What was up with her these days? Talk about being a traitor. “Maybe she’s in the bathroom or something.” Gina said. “Yeah.” Cherie said hopefully. “Hey, let’s spend the afternoon with Liss. There’s always tomorrow to set up, and the band is all set anyway.” Cherie said glancing around at them. “Yeah, okay.” Gina pitched in. Cherie didn’t even care about Lila’s answer.

Melissa Fox lifted her head high. “I don’t need them,” she muttered, as she started walking toward her locker. “Melissa, Melissa over here.” Yeah, like that will solve anything Cherie, she thought bitterly. “Listen, I just rescheduled my plans, and everyone else is free, so we can hit the shops.” Cherie said her eyes lighting up. “You must think I’m so stupid Cherie. As if I would go with people that don’t like me anymore. I’m a pathetic loser. You may as well say it.” Melissa screamed, tears falling down her eyes. She had never done this to her friends before, and the last time, well, the last time, she felt this pathetic, was back when, when, Will had dumped her, for the Wakefield slut. Melissa had to pul it together in front of her friends. Lila just glanced at her. Oh yeah, her. Melissa thought, glaring defiantly at them all. “Liss, that is so not true, we really did have plans.” Cherie said glancing straight at Melissa. “Yeah, and they were without me.” Melissa said coldly. “I’ve got to go to the library,” she said brushing past them at top speed. Melissa’s hands were shaking, as she took off.

Lila watched Melissa take off around the corner. Cherie just sighed. “I should have known this would happen,” she said. “Listen I am going to find Will, and see if he can cheer her up.” Cherie said. Lila smirked. Talk about a bunch of drama queens. Gina looked about as worried as Cherie. “Well, there he is.” Lila said, watching Will round the corner.

Will Simmons was on his way to the cafeteria. Hopefully there would be something good to eat today. He was mighty hungry. He just groaned, as he spotted Cherie Reese and Gina Cho approach him, while Lila Fowler was back against the wall, watching them all closely. What did they want? “Will, I’m so glad we caught up to you.” Cherie began. Was she trying to set him up with Melissa again? He sure hoped not. “Listen, Melissa is over the edge, like at Josh’s party that time.” Will looked at them. “And I’m meant to do what? She left me remember?” “We know all that,” Gina said. “Anyway, you know Melissa’s birthday is tomorrow. We all have a surprise, but she thought we were avoiding her because we thought she was pathetic.” Gina rambled. Will sighed. “I know it’s Liss’s birthday and all, but can’t you guys think of something. Lila walked up to all of them. “Okay, I see a little solution here. You just keep her preoccupied until tomorrow Will. Talk to her, anything.” Lila said with a bored look. Will glared at her. Yeah, right. “Please.” Cherie begged as she glanced at him. “I’d hate to think what she was capable of, and she won’t listen to us.” “Whatever,” he said just to make them shut up, and for something else. He also knew Melissa was capable of, when she felt the way she was.