Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter nine – Mall Rats

Melissa Fox was standing in front of her mirror, trying on all these different outfits. “No way are they going to drag me out of the house looking all shabby.” She said as she glanced sideways at herself. She didn’t know exactly what was going to happen, but she knew she had to look ok, for when it did happen. Just as Melissa was in a deep thought, the door bell rang. Cherie was standing there in jeans, and a crop top. She wasn’t all that flashed up, she looked rather normal in fact. “Hey.” Melissa said. “I love that outfit Liss.” She gushed. “But what’s the special occasion.” Cherie said glancing at her. Melissa grinned. “Well, I was going to go shopping.” Melissa said simply. Cherie looked relieved. “That’s a good idea, let’s go shopping.” She said. Melissa smiled sweetly at her friend. Anything to get me out of the house, she thought happily, as she noticed Lila’s porsche, on the corner behind a bush. Hmm, this should be interesting, Melissa thought happily. I can’t wait to see everyone in a few hours. I wonder how long Cherie is planning to take me shopping?

Cherie Reese tucked her auburn hair behind her ears, and glanced over at her friend Melissa, whom was just grinning from ear to ear, not to mention nicely dressed up, with her dressy black pants, and shiny blue silver button top, that had costed a fortune. Plus her hair was all swept up, and her make-up was all perfect. Cherie smirked. Who was Melissa trying to impress? She couldn’t know about the party right? No way, that thought was absurd. Maybe Will had just cheered her up dramatically, by being Will. “This one, or this one?” Melissa asked, holding up a denim jacket. Cherie pointed to the formfitting one. “Liss, let’s go have a look at Lissettes.” Cherie said to the trendy little store in the mall. “Sure.” Melissa replied. Cherie glanced at her sideways. Why is she so happy, and why is she so willing to check things out? We are both natural shoppers, but Liss never even asked why I showed up. Oh well, maybe she just wanted to dress up for her birthday? But what was with that goofy grin? Melissa was always so restrained.

Will Simmons put his feet up on the couch after the big game. I really wish that it was me out there, he thought glumly to himself. I know that I’m accepting things better each day. And the way Melissa looked, she looked so happy she couldn’t help it. I know that she wants to get back with me, but I’m not so sure if I want that. Especially after ditching me for Ken Matthews, what was the girl thinking? Next thing, she’ll be going for third string quarterback Larry, Will thought wryly. Will couldn’t let the thought go. But Liss and I have been through a lot, and she forgave me, for the whole Jessica thing. So maybe I will just act like a friend toward her. But then again, I don’t want to get her hopes up again. Anyway, the real question here is, should I go to her party or not? I know that all her friend minus Cherie are over there now doing decorating and what not. Maybe I should go and say hi. I can just see Mrs Fox, looking extremely pleased. Maybe I will. After all Melissa did ask if I was coming, so I guess I have been invited, even if the person wasn’t supposed to know about the party. Will got up, to grab his car keys. But first of all, I have to go to the mall and pick up a present, he thought, thinking about what Melissa would want. She already had lots of things.

Jessica Wakefield sighed as her and Elizabeth were dangling out by the pool after the big game. “Did you know that Melissa Fox is having a big party?” she said to Elizabeth, who was silently reading a book. “Yeah, but I can understand you not wanting to go Jess.” Jessica glanced at her sister. “Actually I was considering going. The rest of our gang, Tia and Andy will definitely be there. They told me today after the game. And it’s about time I started to get out more again. Oh and I’ll have Jeremy. Besides it’s a big party, and it’s about time they all got over their pettiness.” Elizabeth grinned at her sister. “I guess that’s settled then. We’re going.” Elizabeth said grateful that Jessica was bouncing back to her old self. Jessica grinned. “Now what should I wear?” Elizabeth laughed. She was starting to feel normal, apart from the whole cheerleading thing, which Elizabeth still found mysterious even in her own mind. She started smiling again. Who would be at Melissa’s party? Conner and Alanna? Oh yes, maybe should decide on something funky to wear. “Hey Jess, let’s go to the mall, and see if we can pick some new clothes out.” At the thought of this Jessica smiled. “I even have some money saved up.” She said happily. “Come on, let’s go?” Elizabeth said, as she grabbed the keys to the jeep.

Tia was at the mall, looking for a new pair of shoes to wear to Melissa’s party. “Wow, with those things you would be able to join the circus Tia, you’d be tall enough.” Andy said, as Tia put up some chunky boots with a massive heel. “Yeah, right Andy, you’re just jealous, because you would like a dwarf in comparison to me right?” Tia said. “Yeah, and then I’d have to hide every time I saw you coming, just incase you accidentally stepped on me.” Andy said with a smirk. Tia just pretend slapped him around the ears. “You really are too much.” She said with a smirk. “Why thank you, I’ll take that as a compliment.” Andy said in mock enthusiasm. “Whatever.” Tia said rolling her eyes. “Hey, look, there’s Liz and Jess standing outside Lisettes, looking at some clothes.” Andy said, as Tia glanced that way. They strolled toward Lissettes. “No Tia.” Andy protested. “That’s a girly shop. They sell lingerie and frilly stuff there. Do I really have to go inside.” Andy proclaimed. “Yes, you do.” Tia said taking him by the arm. “Hi guys.” Jessica greeted them with a big smile. “What’s up?” Andy looked glum. “We’re in the middle of a lingerie shop, all because Tia wants to buy shoes, I think this is the end.” Andy said sarcastically, glancing at Tia. “Yeah, well you got lunch for free, so quit complaining.” She said. “Yes, Mum.” Andy said, as he waited for Elizabeth to come out of the changing room. “Wow, look at that sexy mama.” Tia said, as they all watched Elizabeth come out. She was wearing an aqua slip dress, that matched her eyes perfectly. “Have you got anything Jess?” Andy asked carefully, considering it was at Melissa Fox’s.. “Yeah, actually I do, but you’re going to have to wait until the party.” Jessica said with a laugh. “Oookay.” Andy said, relieved that Jessica was going with them all. “Hey, we’d better get going, if I have to buy some shoes.” Tia said. “Okay, see you guys.” Elizabeth said, wondering if Conner would be there.

Will was strolling around the mall. He had come all the way to the Sweet Valley Mall, because the El Carro one was still getting rebuilt. When he saw the Wakefield twins in the window at Lissettes. Would Jessica actually come tonight? He wondered. She was laughing with her sister, something he hadn’t seen in ages. Just as he was about to turn around again. When suddenly he noticed Cherie and Melissa round the corner. They stopped when they saw him standing there. “Hey Will.” Melissa said softly. “Hey.” He replied. “What are you doing here Will?” Cherie asked giving him an off-look. Had they seen him staring into Lissettes? Even though that meant nothing. “Just looking for some new socks, my mom has been bugging me.” He said lying through his teeth. Cherie calmed down. “Oh okay.” Melissa was smiling next to her. “New socks?” she said her voice rising slightly, with a smirk on her face. “Anyway, we better get going.” She said. “More shopping to do.” She said leading Cherie away, in the hope that Will was actually getting her a present.

Will Simmons sighed with relief as he watched Cherie and Melissa leave, okay, now for finding a present. He had only taken a few steps, when he noticed the perfect present, okay, it costed a bit, but he knew Melissa would love it. He glanced around to make sure that no one was watching, and then went and paid for it. He knew Melissa had to love it.

Cherie Reese glanced at her watch a few hours later. She hated to admit it, but she was finally sick of shopping. She had no money left, and Melissa was looking more and more curious every second. “Okay, let’s go.” Cherie announced, knowing that everyone would have finished decorating by now, and that the band and everything would be there. Melissa just followed without saying a word. Cherie smiled. Okay, wait till Melissa saw, what they had organised. Cherie was getting excited about it.

Melissa Fox was sick of shopping, so when her friend Cherie Reese suggested that they leave, she was more relieved than anything, but also excited about her surprise party. This will be fun, she thought, as Cherie drove toward Melissa’s house. Where are all the cars? Melissa wondered. Hmm, this could be interesting. Was there a party at all? She was starting to have doubts, until she walked in the door with Cherie, and all the lights were out. Suddenly the lights turned on, and everyone yelled “Surprise.” Cherie was grinning at Melissa. Melissa took in all the work that everyone had done, as well as all the presents. This was too cool. Suddenly her eyes veered left, and she spotted Jessica Wakefield, looking totally pretty. Was she trying to upstage me? Melissa thought. Who cared anyway? This was her night, and she would have fun, Jessica or no Jessica she thought wryly, as she beamed, at all her guests.


Journal entries

Melissa Fox
My party! There are so many people here, including Will. I am beyond happy.

Jessica Wakefield
Am I nuts? At Melissa Fox's party. I swear she just glanced at me, what was with that? Oh well, lots of my friends are here, so maybe I'll just blend in, with my pale pink dress.

Elizabeth Wakefield
Nope, not Conner. Maybe I should just get over him. Oh no, Todd is heading my way! Hide Elizabeth Hide!