Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter eleven - Brand spanking new

Melissa Fox woke up the next morning with a groan. Last night could have gone on forever, she thought happily, as she pulled her legs out of bed. I wonder what the time is, she said turning around, and looking at her bedside clock. 12:23? Hmm, lunch time already. Today was a typically quiet Sunday. Melissa Fox glanced out the window, as her mother pulled in the drive way. Oh yeah, she had said that Melissa's present would be a surprise. Wonder what it could be, Melissa thought as she walked down the steps, and out toward the hall. Her Mum had told her, that she would get it today, when everyone had left the party. And of course with the party being a secret and all, a present beforehand would be totallt silly. So what is my present. Melissa looked up. "I hope it's something that I actually like." she mumbled as she started to walk into the sun. "Melissa, go get changed, we are going for a drive." Melissa blinked twice. When was the last time her Mom had said that. "Why, why should I go for a drive." Melissa demanded. "Wait and see when you get there." her mother said strictly. Melissa groaned again as she went up to get changed.

Elizabeth Wakefield snapped her eyes open in the morning. Weird. She was just dreaming about Conner and her on a romantic beach in the middle of nowhere. I guess I'm not over him, Elizabeth thought, hacked off with herself. "What's it going to take to get him out of my mind." she said, into her mirror. "Cute boys, the beach with lots of sun." said an identical image standing behind her. "Yeah, Jess, when was the last time that we did that together. With lots of sunscreen, just relaxing." Elizabeth smiled. That would be a really great idea. Just her and Jess at the beach. "It's about time I tried out this new bikini." Elizabeth told Jessica grinning. "Yeah, and Jeremy is out with some friends, so it will be just us girly's." Jessica said smiling, as she breezed from Elizabeth's room. Elizabeth just watched Jessica leave. Since when did Jessica get up before her? Oh well. The beach is just what was needed.

Ken Matthews was cruising in his car on the sunny afternoon. His windows all the way down, and the stereo up full blast. A perfect day, he thought feeling the breeze in his hair. He drove past Secca Lake, remembering all the times that they spent there last year. The bands, parties, everything. He didn't go to Melissa Fox's part last night. No way, not after everything. But he didn't care. Just then he noticed, Todd Wilkins and some of his mates, along the beach, playing beach volleyball. Yeah, maybe being with his friends was something he needed right now. He drove into the parking lot.

Melissa Fox wound down the passenger side window of her mother's lexus. Where on earth were they going? Today was such a nice day. She'd rather be lounging out by her pool, in that cute new bikini she had just gotten. "We're nearly there." her mother said. If she was getting a birthday present, what places were open on a Sunday? Her mother kept driving. The place where she was driving was familiar. "Well here we are, for a visit." Mrs Fox said, as they drove into a driveway. Melissa finally recognised the place. The man here owned the car yard, which had flash vehicles. Melissa just glanced at her mother. Okay, this is looking good so far. Just then, the couple that lived here, came out, and saw Mrs Fox. "We were expecting you." they said. "And you must be Melissa." they said nodding at her. Melissa thought that she had better act nice. "Nice to meet you." she said politely. Just then she walked around the corner, and noticed something that caught her eye. It was blue, and totally sporty looking. It was like a dream. It was all sparkly. It looked just like the ocean. Mrs Fox just smiled. "Happy Birthday Melissa." she said. "Thanks Mom." Melissa said just grinning.

Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield were just soaking up the rays at Secca Lake, in a secluded little spot, where hardly anyone was. Just like old times, Jessica thought grinning. But why were they in a secluded spot? Oh right, Liz's idea. "Hey, Liz let's go check out the other area. You know, just to uh look." "Yeah, that's all you can do Jess." Elizabeth said with a giggle. "And yeah, as nice as it is, in the quiet. I could sure use some more company. No offense Jess." "None taken, let's go." Jessica said pulling on Elizabeth's arm. "Okay okay." Both girls headed in the opposite direction to what they came.

Journal entries

Melissa Fox
A brand spanking new car, totally what I wanted. Totally me. I am so going to show this off. Hmm, maybe I'll go to the beach as soon as I get back to Sweet Valley. Maybe I will. And yeah, I'm just so happy. This must have been my Dad's idea, or my Mom's. She was probably sick of me using the Lexus all the time.

Elizabeth Wakefield
*Sigh* Total relaxation and a bunch of cute guys. All that a girl needs.

Jessica Wakefield
Only 3:24, wonder what Jeremy's up to.