Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter thirteen – Ice Cool

Lila Fowler was waiting at the intersection for the light to turn green on the bright Monday morning. And of course Melissa Fox would be there with her new car. Well no one steals my spotlight like that, Lila thought wryly, as she started driving toward the school. Not even El Carro’s ex Queen of Cool, Lila mused to herself. Well, Lila had more money than Melissa’s family, with her family being one of the richest in Southern California. Make that the whole of California, Lila thought correcting herself. Lila pulled into the carpark at school. Josh Radinsky was flirting with Elizabeth Wakefield. Lila braced herself. She wasn’t totally over Josh, but he was such a player. He would do all he could to get a girl into that basement of his. Although by the looks on Liz’s face, it will be harder than he bargained for, Lila thought giggling. She must have done that out loud, because as she turned, Melissa Fox, Cherie Reese and Gina Cho approached her. “Something up Lila?” Melissa asked, her eyes not saying what kind of a mood she was in. Cherie and Gina just shrugged. “Hey, it looks like Josh has a new crush.” Gina said matter of factly. “Yeah, it looks that way. Catch up with you later Lila.” Melissa said, strolling away calmly. Lila carefully watched the girls walk away. There was this fakeness in Melissa’s voice. She is such a phony, Lila thought cringing, as she recalled that ultra high tone, that Melissa had, when she was acting sweet. Acting being the operative word. Lila just strolled toward the corridor in hope that someone would remotely talk to her. After all, she was Lila Fowler, and she was one of the most popular girls at school.

“Listen Josh, I am not interested in you.” Elizabeth said calmly, as if she was talking to a little child. “Aww, Lizzie stop making me feel bad.” Josh Radinsky said pretending to look sad. Yeah well, I will not go for Josh, no way, Elizabeth said bracing herself for more flirting or whatever it was, that Josh was up to. “Now if you don’t mind, I have got to get to homeroom.” Elizabeth said politely, and just walking away. “Wakefield is a hard catch.” Josh mumbled to himself. Elizabeth smiled, even though her back was turned. Well, the last person she would go for, was Josh Radinsky. No way.

In homeroom that day, the students had been given all these pamphlets, and Andy stared at them. Start your future with us. and The only thing that matters is what you make out of your future.. He just glared at all these optimistic pamphlets. Were they going to help his future? Not likely. He wasn’t even an average student. And his extra curricular activites were barely even there. Why can’t I be naturally smart like Conner? He knew that Liz and Maria worked their butts off in school. But when did Conner ever study? Like, never, and he still aced class and what not. “Life is unfair.” Andy muttered to himself, obviously a bit too loud. “Why is that Andy?” Jessica asked, with that goofy little smile on her face. It’s nice to know that she has it all in order, he thought with jealousy. “No reason at all, it’s just that someone like me who is permanently challenged with all this homework, finds it really straining.” Andy said, thinking he sounded really smart. Jessica grinned. “That’s not the least of it. The SAT resits are coming soon.” She said patting him on the back. “But I know you will pass.” Andy groaned, yeah, the SAT’s were coming soon. Another addition to his pitiful life. “And not to mention the Cheerleading Regionals in a couple of weeks, we have been training hard.” Jessica said. She just sighed. Probably thinking about her boyfriend Andy thought. When would he ever feel normal again?

Jessica Wakefield was launching into one of the squad’s special cheers. She was excited that she would see Jeremy after school. The way he made her feel, and maybe they’d end up at the kiddie arcade just for fun. Jessica thought grinning. She was finally brought back to life, when she heard a voice behind her. “Looking forward to Nationals.” Lila Fowler said behind her. “We have to make Regional’s first.” Jessica said grinning, but also wondering what was up with Lila. “Yeah well, I remember how the team was last year. Thank goodness that Horrible Heather graduated. Lila said referring to Heather Mallone, a co-captain on the squad last year. Jessica had to laugh at that one. “That girl was a tyrant to say the least.” Jessica said picking up on conversation. Jessica focussed back on cheerleading. They were going to make Nationals, and they would win. Simple as that, Jessica thought, as she did a round off.

Melissa Fox was watching Lila Fowler slightly. What was she up to? Buddying up with Jessica Wakefield. Could that girl ever make her mind up? She wasn’t very loyal anyway, Melissa thought, as Cherie Reese started joking about something. Melissa smiled. Yeah, that’s more like it. Amy Sutton was stretching beside her. “Yeah, you should have seen his face.” The girls started laughing. Well it didn’t look like Amy was going back to Jessica anytime soon. “I can’t wait for the Regionals.” Cherie said. Melissa smiled over at Cherie. “Not to mention the Nationals, where we will kick some butt.” Melissa said matter of factly. The girls launched into their own conversation. Melissa had seen SVH last year at the Nationals, and they were really good, she hated to admit, but we were better, or would have been if we were still at El Carro, Melissa thought, missing her old school.


Journal Entries

Andy Marsden
Nope nope nope. When am I going to find a college that will accept me for these grades? Most probably never….

Alanna Feldman
Hmm, Regionals, that will be fun to go to, and that will show Elizabeth Wakefield that once and for all, I am the better cheerleader.

Elizabeth Wakefield
Alanna must be really insecure, watching me all the time in cheerleading. Ugh. Oh well, I’ll show her at next practice.