Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter Two – Changed for the better?

Jessica Wakefield was seriously wondering what was up with everyone, when she was doing stomach crunches for her Cheerleading warm-up that afternoon. Tia was acting weird, Melissa had this cold, hard, determined look on her face, plus she gave out the occasional scowls to anyone who was watching. Her own sister, Elizabeth was chatting with Alanna Feldman in a corner. This was the girl who was dating Conner, Elizabeth’s ex-boyfriend. Jessica watched everyone in wonder, thinking that she could probably write a book on SVH, and it would prove to be very interesting. Lila Fowler and Amy Sutton were also acting weird, they were over in their own little corner, while Gina, Cherie and Renee were in another, deep in conversation, and flicking glances toward Melissa. Jessica then decided that this would be the perfect time to talk to Tia, who was rather subdued, and had been all through class. “Hey Tia.” Jessica said softly, walking up to her and stretching there. “Hey Jess.” Tia replied. “What’s up?” Jessica asked, edging into a conversation. Tia looked at her, in a very matter-of-fact way. “I’ve been wondering the same about you Jess.” Tia stated. “You aren’t acting like yourself.” Jessica cracked a grin. “Oh, really, well you never know, aliens could have invaded my body or something.” Jessica replied with a grin. And Tia just smiled. Jessica looked at Tia seriously. “I think I know where you’re coming from though. Like having Amy and Lila sitting with us at lunch. I never knew that would happen, but I guess we’re all cheerleaders and part of a team.” Jessica stated, and Tia just smiled. “Yeah, well, I wouldn’t go forgiving them so easily Jess. Don’t forget what they did.” Tia said, and Jessica just glanced toward them, and replied quietly. “Not any time soon Tia, not any time soon, will I be forgiving them.”

Tia Ramirez felt a lot better talking to Jessica and now launching into routines for when they went to Nationals. Tia grinned at Jessica. “Nationals.” Was all she could mouth. Jessica only grinned back. Yep, they would be going to Nationals, and she was glad to have her friend back. Even though she hadn’t gone very far. “Alright girls.” Came Coach Laufeld’s voice. “You can all go home now.” With a sigh of relief, Tia wiped the sweat from her face. “Coach is working us harder and harder than before.” Jessica said. “Do you think she wants to make us paralyzed for when we go to Nationals?” Tia asked, and Jessica sighed. “I reckon so, but what doesn’t kill us, has to make us stronger right?” Jessica said, glad that Tia and herself were back to normal bantering. “Oooh look over there.” Jessica pointed out, and Tia looked. Tom McKay was chatting with Melissa Fox, and for once the girl was actually smiling, and for once Tia didn’t actually care. Jessica grinned at Tia. “You like him don’t you Tee.” Tia glanced at Jessica. “Yeah, well, he seems like a really nice guy, but I guess he’s taken.” Tia said with a finality. Jessica nodded. “I guess.” But in her mind’s eye, she just couldn’t imagine. “Oh well, chica, let’s go watch the movies you promised me.” Tia just grinned. “You’re on.” As both girls hopped into the Jeep. “Ooh, we better wait for Liz.” Came Jessica’s voice. “Yeah, I wouldn’t want to witness World War Three.” Said Tia.

Elizabeth Wakefield was standing outside the gym just talking to Alanna Feldman, which shocked lots of people to pieces. “Hey Alanna, Jessica mentioned something about videos at our place. Tia will be coming, and I wondered if you would like to join us.” Elizabeth asked nicely. Alanna looked surprised. Elizabeth was being so nice. “Oh no, I better head home, or my parents will be wondering where I’ve gone”, came Alanna’s reply. “Alright, well I’ll see you at school tomorrow then.” Elizabeth said, wondering if Alanna was really going home, and decided not to press the issue anymore. “Bye.” Elizabeth said, as Alanna waved. Elizabeth looked bemused to herself, and noticed that the football guys were coming out. Oh well, better go find Jessica, she’s probably waiting in The Jeep for me, Elizabeth thought, surveying the parking lot. Yep, there she was, chatting with Tia. Okay, better get going too, Elizabeth thought heading in the direction of the car. She also happened to notice that Josh Radinsky was exiting the building right at this time and had spotted her. Elizabeth decided to fasten her pace just before reaching the Jeep. The last thing she wanted was to be followed by him. She spun around, more dramatically than she should have, but no one was standing there. Good, Elizabeth thought as she hopped into the backseat of the Jeep, and greeted Jessica and Tia, who were by now grinning at something.

Melissa Fox was surprised and happy that Tom McKay was outside waiting for her after Cheerleading practice. “So, what are you doing here?” Melissa asked, barely able to stop the smiling. “Well, you know, school, and then meeting you.” Tom said, very straightforwardly. “How would you like to go out somewhere tonight?” Tom asked. “That would be great.” Melissa replied with a grin. “How about Guidos at 7?” “Sure.” Melissa said, “I love pizza.” “Great”, replied Tom. “I’ll see you there.” Melissa was grinning. “I guess you will.” And she walked toward her porsche. “See you tonight Tom.” He just grinned, and watched as she drove off. He couldn’t believe that he had just asked a girl out. But that smile of hers, reminded him why. Just the very thing he had been missing out on the past year, was right in front of him. He knew it, he was attracted to girls again, not just any girl, that girl. The one with the ice blue eyes, and chestnut brown hair.

Lila Fowler was filing her nails outside the gym, and quietly surveying the scenes that took place in front of her. Melissa and Tom looked like a potential couple. Cherie Reese and Gina Cho were flirting with some football guys, while Amy and Renee were talking by the water fountain near the entrance. Lila was quick to notice these details, and the fact that Melissa left a grin on Tom’s face was something new. Oh well, thought Lila, she will just screw him over anyway. But the thing that really bugged Lila, was the way Josh Radinsky had kept trying to hit on Elizabeth Wakefield. Lila and him, had a history, and she missed him, but she knew he was a player. Apparently, so did Elizabeth Wakefield. But another detail Lila noticed, that she hadn’t seen before, was that Josh was looking really interested in Elizabeth, and not flirting with every other girl, as he normally did. Why would he like her? Lila thought. She’s not even his type, she’s too prim and proper for that. But then again, she has changed a lot this semester, joining the cheerleading squad, and acting way more confident. But that wasn’t all. In addition to Josh being attracted to Elizabeth, Lila also noticed that Jessica was regaining some of her old characteristics that made her popular. Lila thought most of them had faded at one stage, but now, just watching her move, talk, flip her hair, or generally smiling, showed a lot of new attitude, yet at times, she seemed more quiet, almost thoughtful, which really jotted Lila back to life. And nice too, since when was Jessica like the Good Samaritan. She used to get what she wanted, when she wanted. But Lila, just continued filing her nails. So what does Jessica want exactly? Lila wondered, still not knowing where this would lead Jessica.

Andy Marsden was sitting in his room, playing Tomb Raider, in a disinterested way. So his parents were splitting up, so what. And the worst thing was, that his Dad was cheating with Evan’s mother. Also splitting up Evan’s perfect little family as well. Evan hadn’t said much at school, and neither had Andy. But this was too much. How could his Dad do that? And Andy felt terrible. He had mixed feelings, of anger, pain and frustration over his parents, as well as his sexuality. So I’m gay, so what, Andy kept telling himself. I’m not the only one out there. Too bad I’m probably the only one in Sweet Valley. But it’s not like I could commit to anyone anyway. Even though I am gay, it still feels weird to a certain extent. Like I’m different, I know I have to put those feelings aside. Ugh. Andy just wacked the keyboard. Why can’t things just be normal? He wondered.

Conner McDermott snuggled up to Alanna Feldman, as they lay on the couch that evening. Alanna just sat perfectly still, and suddenly faced him unexpectedly. “Conner, do you still have feelings for Liz.” Alanna asked softly. Conner arched his eyebrows. “What makes you say that? We’re together now Alanna, not me and her.” “Yeah, I know, I was just wondering.” Alanna said, sounding a bit insecure. This was starting to freak Conner out. They were having a quiet night in, and she blurted that out. It didn’t help that Elizabeth and Alanna were friends at cheerleading. At first he found it amusing, but now it was just plain painful, especially now that Elizabeth looked so amusing, and when she did those Cheerleading kicks, she looked almost cold toward him. But how could she be nice to Alanna through this? He didn’t want to ponder anymore. Conner just stood up from the couch. “I’m going to bed.” Was all he said, and Alanna got the message loud and clear, plus she also looked like she was upset about something, but he didn’t have the time to ponder, he just wanted his own peace of mind. Maybe that’s what he needed. No girls, just peace of mind.

Journal Entries

Andy Marsden
Does anyone care about me? Really, do I even expect them to?

Alanna Feldman
Conner still loves Liz, I can tell, but I can’t tell if she wants him back or not. But I can't let go of Conner, I just can’t. He’s all I have right now.

Tia Ramirez
I was silly in thinking that Jessica had changed, she’s still the same, as for Elizabeth, I think she’s the one who has changed, and for the better I might add.

Evan Plummer
So, I guess my parents are divorcing, not good, that is so not good. The worst thing is that it's Andy's Dad, and my Mom. The shocking things your parents do....