Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter five – In the face of Danger

Jessica Wakefield was sitting at the breakfast table reading the morning newspaper on Saturday morning before she was about to head off to HOJ to do her shift. Jessica yawned, as she took a bite of her lemon honey spread on toast. Today would be a good day, Jessica could feel it in her bones. She was doing a shift at work with her wonderful boyfriend, and they were all heading out to a party at Big Mesa tonight. It was at one of Jeremy’s mates place. Stan, or someone like that. Jessica just glanced over at the paper. Nationals were coming up for cheerleading soon, but Jessica didn’t feel the usual rush, she did for them. Probably no wonder, finding out that Heather was a judge for the Regionals. Heather Mallone had been co-captain on the SVH squad last year, and her and Jessica just did not see eye to eye to put it blandly. Jessica pushed a strand of hair behind her ear, as she took a sip of apple juice, that sat in a glass right next to her toast. Just then Elizabeth entered the room with an interesting look on her face. “What’s up Lizzie, you look intrigued about something?” Jessica asked. “Conner broke up with Alanna, Jess, Tia just gave me the scoop, Conner confided in her.” Elizabeth stated. Jessica frowned. “You’re not thinking of getting back together with him are you? I just don’t want to see you get hurt Liz.” Jessica replied. Elizabeth gave her a frank look. “Well, I don’t know why they split up, but I want nothing to do with it, besides he made it perfectly clear he wants nothing to do with me.” Elizabeth frowned, wondering why he did dump Alanna. “Well, Liz, we need to find you a playmate, who is not Conner.” Jessica said in a serious tone. Elizabeth groaned. “Why can’t I just enjoy being single in peace.” Elizabeth muttered. But Jessica was right. Elizabeth needed more determination in her life, which meant looking out for herself, and what she needed was a no strings attached night out, and tonight would be the perfect opportunity.

Lila Fowler was stretched out on a blow up seat in the middle of their large pool, swirling her finger around in the nice, refreshing water. After all, it was a nice perfectly sunny day, why not work on her tan? Lila was the picture of perfection, with her long brown hair, falling around her shoulders, her perfect Rayban sunglasses, and her new purple bikini, which matched her to a tee. Nothing could ruin her perfect morning. Lila looked up at the sky, she could almost make shapes out of the clouds. The one directly above her, looked like one of the cheerleading pyramids, while another looked kind of like a majical type of animal, like a unicorn. Lila gazed at the unicorn one ever so slowly, as she took it in. It reminded her of her childhood, when she was in Middle School, and she had been part of a group of girls called The Unicorns. Instantly, Lila was reminded of all the good times, and how close her and Jessica had been, even through high school, they had been great friends, competitive but friends, nonetheless. Lila felt like she needed some competition in her life. She was sick of trying to compete with Cherie and Gina, when all they wanted was this guy called Tom McKay, who in actual fact wanted Melissa. The whole thing was slightly screwy anyway. But she was getting sick of not having the fun competition she used to. Such as, snagging the cutest guy, or impressing the judges when auditioning for a part in a play. But, Jessica was different now, and Lila wondered, why she was the one who remained the same. Oh well, Lila Fowler was always out for her own, and at the moment, Cherie, Gina and Melissa were starting to fall out of that category.

Melissa Fox was standing at the doorway of Tom McKay’s house. She had never been inside before, and was really looking forward to meeting his family. He had talked about them so much, with such adoration. Suddenly this woman opened the door, she had blond curls, and was rather pretty. “Hello dear, you must be Melissa.” Came this woman’s voice. “I’m Eva McKay, and Tom has told me so much about you.” The woman said. Melissa laughed. “I hope it was all good.” She said, and the woman smiled. “Oh, of course, I’m so pleased that our Tommy has found someone he likes.” The woman said watching Melissa carefully. “Anyway, it’s really nice to meet you Melissa.” The woman said, with a soft smile. “It’s been a long time since anyone came in our neck of the woods, I’ll get Tom for you.” Melissa smiled, and said her thanks. Tom came downstairs a few minutes later, and noticed his mother standing close, watching the two with curiosity. He smiled briefly at his mother, who had nearly died of shock, when he told her that he was seeing this girl. After all, it had only been a while back, that he had told them he was gay, so going back the other way, was quite a surprise, but he was sure his mother would approve of Melissa, she was the perfect student, and had a lovely personality when shown. “Well, I better get to those weeds.” Mrs McKay said, heading off to the garden. Melissa smiled at her as she left. The woman looked semi-familiar, and then it came to Melissa. “Your Mom’s the sports presenter right?” Tom grinned. Yeah, she works alongside Mrs Sutton, you know Amy’s mom.” Melissa frowned, as she recalled all her ex-friends who had ditched her, including Amy. But Melissa had the guy. “Yeah, I’ve seen them both together.” She said in wonder. “Yep.” He said. “Her old job was Mrs Sutton’s job, but well, we had travelled, so it was lucky she even got that one.” He said. Melissa just nodded. “So are you ready to hit this party?” Tom asked her, and Melissa grinned. “Yes, I certainly am.” She replied. She just hoped she wasn’t wearing the same dress as Jessica.

Jeremy Aames was waiting for Jessica and Elizabeth in their living room. They were both coming with him to the party that night at his friend Stan’s. Just then, both girls appeared looking equally beautiful, but his eyes, locked Jessica’s, who just smiled back. They were so cute together. The girls were wearing contrasting outfits. Jessica had on this retro style top, with orange, black and white patterns, she would have been perfect on ‘That 70’s Show’, yet she looked classy, with her hair pulled up the way she had it, and her white skirt, that flowed down to her ankles, whereas Elizabeth, had on a white t-shirt with a single blue flower embroided in the middle, a short blue satin skirt, and her hair flowing out around her shoulders. She almost looked like Jessica. “Shall we hit the road then.” Jessica said, smiling at Jeremy’s gaze toward her. “And we can set Lizzie up with some nice guy.” Jessica said, and Elizabeth just scowled at her. Jeremy just laughed. “Don’t forget there’s always Tia, Jessica.” Elizabeth said. “She is actually looking for a guy.” Elizabeth said, trying very hard to get the subject off her. “Oh yeah, we have the perfect guy lined up for her.” Jeremy said winking at Jessica who just smiled.

Tia Ramirez knocked on this house in Big Mesa, with her friends, Andy Marsden and Conner McDermott, who looked like supercool with his dark sunglasses on (even though the time was almost 9 pm). Andy looked bored out of his mind. “Tia, this looks like great fun. Where is everyone? I’m sure the party was meant to be here.” He glanced down at the piece of paper. 418 Meadway Drive. “Yep, this is it, but no one is here, how can that be? Did you bring your cellphone? I bet Jessica is holding everyone up.” Andy said. Tia grinned. “Yeah, that’s probably all there is to it, and if they aren’t here soon, I will have to ring them and find out exactly where they are. Conner said nothing this whole time. Tia plopped on to the driveway. Where was everyone? She glanced at Conner. “So, Conner, do you still like Liz.” Tia blurted out, very straight up. Conner scowled. “I like being single, and that’s all there is to it.” Conner said, walking toward his car. “Ugh, why don’t you just admit, that you still like the girl.” Tia said marching toward him. Andy put both his hands in the air, claiming of this debate. Elizabeth was one of their friends, but Andy didn’t want to press all of Conner’s buttons either. Tia needed a guy, or a passtime or something. She was becoming very annoying. She was always talking about everything with them. Conner looked like he had had enough. “Tia, let it rest.” He said finally. Tia threw her hands in the air. “Fine, fine, I will let it rest, when you are finally back with her.” She said, eyeing Conner up.

Stan’s place was totally awesome, Jessica thought, taking it all in. They were at 418 Mesaway Drive, which was a very glamorous looking street. Jessica looked around at all the people that had arrived, and spotted Melissa Fox in a corner, eyeing her up, well, at least they were wearing different clothes, and Jessica had gone to all ends to make sure of that. Melissa had on a light blue slip, which looked like it was made out of cotton. Jessica’s eyes kept on wandering around the room. Where was Tia and Andy? Maybe they had just decided not to come. Or were late or something. Jessica decided to get herself a drink of some kind, when she spotted Alex, or whatever his name was. Jessica gazed at him from a matchmaker perspective. He would be perfect for Liz, she thought, taking a sip of her drink. This night looked like it could be a very fun night. Where had Elizabeth gone? Jeremy was talking to one of his friends, and laughing, and gazing at Jessica with a smile. Jessica just frowned. It wasn’t like Liz to just up and leave. She must have gone to the bathroom or something.

Elizabeth Wakefield was searching around for the closest bathroom. She should have just asked someone where it was. This place was so huge, and she felt terribly alone, walking around this part of the house. Surely she must be lost or something. Elizabeth walked around the next corner, hoping in hope to find someone she knew, or even a bathroom, but all she saw was nothingness. She decided to head back to the party and ask someone, when she heard this shuffle behind her. She spun around so quickly, and was shocked when someone grabbed for her mouth, to stop her from screaming, and hauled her off to the nearest place, which may have been the garden shed or something. It was all so sudden, and Elizabeth didn’t know what was happening. All she could feel, were tears running down her cheeks. What was happening. Someone was tying her to a chair, and sticking masking tape on her mouth. Who could be so sick? Elizabeth was struggling to get away. Who did she know that could do such a thing to someone. Her mind came up blank. Elizabeth was trying to tap the floor, but her legs felt numb, and all feeling had left her. She had not been expecting this, but then the person opened their mouth. “I’ve been waiting a long time for this Miss Wakefield.” Came this voice, and Elizabeth only gasped, when the person took off their mask.


Journal Entries

Jessica Wakefield
Okay, I am getting worried, where is Liz, I am going to find her, she has to be around here somewhere.

Melissa Fox
What’s Jessica got in her bonnet? It’s not like we’re dressed the same, which I am very pleased about. But she looks seriously worried.

Tia Ramirez
Okay, we are the only ones here, no one else is, yawn, this has to be the worst night ever.