Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter one – Rigorous exercises

Elizabeth Wakefield was stretched out on the couch watching a Cheerleading video, with lots of moves that she didn’t even knew existed. Elizabeth squinted as she watched something that looked amazing, but would be really hard to pull off. “And I always thought that cheerleading was only a sport to egg the guys on with their extra huge egos.” Elizabeth said in midair. She sighed. In exactly 11 days the cheerleaders would set off to the Regionals that would be held at North Beach, not far from Sweet Valley. Elizabeth remembered the routines which gained them second at Nationals last year. They weren’t as rigorous as what was on television. Elizabeth grinned as she realised that Jessica was going out on a date with Jeremy. She really was bouncing back. Just like me, Elizabeth thought, her smile growing larger. Just then Mrs Wakefield sat next to Elizabeth on the couch. Elizabeth smiled at her mother, taking in her youthful look. She really is beautiful, Elizabeth thought taking in her motherly expression. They hadn’t been that close in the last couple of weeks. “Do you get how they do all those moves?” Mrs Wakefield interjected, shaking her head. “When I was back in high school, all we had were the basics. Who would have thought.” Elizabeth just laughed. “Tell me about it, and Nationals are in 11 days. Everyone is bouncing off the walls.” Mrs Wakefield smiled at her daughter. “You’ll do just fine.” “Do you remember last year Mom, when the guys showed up to Sacramento?” They both started laughing. “Just then Mr Wakefield showed up in the hall. “All set?” he asked his wife. They were about to go out to a flash restaurant and then dancing. Alice Wakefield smiled. “I most certainly am. Liz will you be alright all by yourself.” She asked kindly. “Sure Mom, have a nice night. You too Dad. I’ll have a hard time picking up more moves as it is.” She said frowning at the video. “See ya Liz.” They both said. Elizabeth sighed curling her legs up in front of her, as she thought of the routines the cheerleaders had already. They were really good. Much more advanced than last year. Elizabeth recalled some beats as she started swinging to the video. Doing some twirls, and jumps, and then a little dance regime. Another thing about these competitions would be that they were very competitive. I better watch how the other teams act, Elizabeth thought, watching the video, thinking it didn’t really reflect the side where all the teams met up with each other, and tried to trick. What was convincing her to do this? Elizabeth stood there blankly gazing at her pom poms. Oh yeah, competition. “Well, why beat em, why don’t you join em”, Elizabeth cheered, thinking about Alanna, and the whole dilemma of her and Conner. Well, that’s not my problem anymore, Elizabeth kept saying to herself as she was deep in thought.

Melissa Fox was staring at the telephone that Monday night as she willed the thing to call. She was just too excited for words. The Cheerleading Regionals were coming up, and then that meant the nationals. Oh well, if no one rings me, I’ll just have to do it myself, Melissa thought. “Hello” came Cherie’s voice. “Hey, it’s me.” Melissa said waiting for a response. “Hey Liss, what’s up?” “Well..” Melissa started. “I think that we should have a huge cheerleading party type thing, before we go to Regionals.” The excitement was now evident in her voice. “That would be a cool idea.” Cherie said thoughtfully. “We could make it like a slumber party.” Melissa wrinkled her nose in disgust. “Slumber parties are so lame Cherie. I was thinking more of a wild party, where everyone is invited.” Cherie sighed. “Yeah that would be good.” She said with a slight objection in her voice. Melissa looked up in thought. “Do you really want to camp out with Jessica Wakefield and her petty friends?” Melissa said finally, a slight edge now in her voice, as if she was challenging Cherie. “Well, this is a Cheerleading thing Liss, we will need to look like we get along at least with all of them.” Melissa was now starting to get mad. “Yeah, and a slumber party is such the perfect way. Be civilised yes. But a slumber party. Grow up Cherie.” And with that Melissa hung up the phone, shaking. How dare her friend side with that Jessica tramp. This was so typical. Cherie had started her whole campaign. The Jessica Wakefield campaign. Why doesn’t she just join Lila. The so-called loyal friend I once had. Melissa warned herself to calm down, being all stressed out wouldn’t help at all. Melissa glanced out her window. “I will not lose my friends through all this.” She vowed.

Andy Marden was playing Tomb Raider on his computer, his escape from the nutty things that his friends did. And right now, he could hear his Mom banging pots around, as if she was frantic or something. Like I’m gonna go down there, he thought as he moved the arrows on his keyboard. Just then he heard the door bang. It looked like his father was home. True, they had both been supportive of him being gay, but did they have to fight so much together. They used to be so happy. “And why are you so late?” came Mrs Marsden’s usually controlled voice. “I got caught up at work.” Andy mimicked just as Mr Marsden had the same response. Seriously the two had been at each other’s throats for a week or so now. Just then he heard tears. “You’re cheating on me aren’t you?” came Mrs Marsden’s voice. Andy looked toward the ground. This couldn’t be. “Don’t be ridiculous.” Came Mr Marsden’s stern voice. “This shows how much you trust me.” He growled. Andy was sick of all this fighting. He marched down the steps. “Will you guys quit fighting?” he said to his parents. They both looked at him. “How much did you hear?” his father’s voice said. “Enough.” He said. “You were loud enough to wake up Africa.” He spitted out, not knowing what to say. “Andy honey, this doesn’t concern you.” His mother was saying her voice softening. “Go to a counsellor, see what I care.” He said marching out with his car keys. He needed somewhere peaceful now. But where?

Tia Ramirez was shaking her pom poms, with a lackluster attitude. All she wanted was to go out to The Riot, and forget all her useless friends, that never took her anywhere. She had just gotten off the phone with Conner. He and Alanna were going out somewhere. Just then she heard the doorbell ring. She raced over to answer it. “Andy, what are you doing here?” Tia asked shocked. “I’m here for your wonderful company Tee.” He said looking grim. “What’s the matter? You don’t look too hot. “Oh, the folks are just having domestics, nothing major.” He said as though he was trying to convice himself. “I’m sure they’ll work it out, whatever it is.” Tia said as she patted his arm. “There’s more to it though Tee, my Mom accused my Dad of having an affair.” Tia’s eyes went wide. “Wow, that is big.” She said, as she looked over at her family’s portraits. Sure, her parents didn’t always agree, but they were both still there for each other. “So what do you think of it all?” she asked Andy, still wondering why he had come to her. “Well, gee, Tee I think it sucks that my Mom could make an accusation like that, which is simply not true.” Tia felt so stupid for asking that question. He looked at her. “Sorry Tee.” He said. “No need to apologise.” She added quickly. “It could just be, that they are seeing differently on a few things. They’re bound to get better Andy. Do they know you’re here?” Tia asked. Andy nodded no. “Okay, well first of all, ring them, and tell them you’re going home, and maybe you guys can discuss this.” Andy looked skeptical. “Yeah, maybe later. I just need to go for a drive first.” He said walking away. “Thanks for the talk Tee.” He mumbled walking out. What had possessed him to talk to Tia? Because Tia has been nice to me lately, he thought with a realisation. What was this feeling? He felt loyal to Tia. Weird. But then again, he was gay, not straight. Well, he knew one thing. He was one messed up kid.

Melissa Fox started up a tape and put it in her player, and listened to the tunes. This was her favourite tape. It had all her favourite cheerleading tracks on it. She swayed her hips, as she picked up her pom poms, and was determined to loosen up this feeling in her stomach. The feeling where she was being deceived by her frineds. “Great friends.” She muttered, as the lively music picked up a beat. Before she knew what was going on. Mrs Fox had her head in the door. Melissa groaned and turned the music down a notch. “Melissa, we need to talk.” Her mother said. “Okay.” Melissa sighed, sick of arguing with her mother. “We need to go over those college applications.” Her mother said briskly. Melissa sighed, as she grabbed her pamphlets and what not. Mrs Fox raised her eyebrows. “Well, that’s more like it.” She said in a slightly different tone. “Hmm, these aren’t bad.” She said flicking through the forms. “USC is a good school Melissa, you should consider that.” Melissa rolled her eyes. She actually had considered that. Melissa sighed as they started filling out forms. There was only 10 days until the cheerleading Regionals after today, Melissa thought as her mother rambled on. Oh well, one can wait that long.


Journal Entries

Melissa Fox
Why won’t I let my mother in my life? Well, if you had my mother you’d understand..

Andy Marsden
Maybe I can run away from all my friends, my parents, everything, maybe then I can actually decide what I really feel.