Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter seven – Imagine This

Lila Fowler grinned as she drove away from her home, and was heading to the HOJ where she would meet her friends after school. Her party would be in two days, and she needed to sort out more things with them, and it had given her a reason to be off school. Her parents had just left this morning for a trip to Italy. Lila grinned, knowing she would have the house all to herself. And the police wouldn’t enter her party, like they did Cherie’s. Her mansion she corrected herself, was down a long drive, and there were plenty of trees. And Lila smirked. Her Daddy would sue them all if they decided to interrupt Lila Fowler. And besides the cook could be the guardian for all she cared, if the police did decide to arrive. To start with it would be a full blast party with the football team, and cheerleaders, and some select few, that were popular enough. Lila dabbed some lipstick on her lips as she waited for a green light, and then lurched her Porsche forward when she noticed it turn green. Lila prided herself on the best parties in the town, especially now that Bruce Patman was out of the picture. She never wanted to admit it, but he gave good parties too. Lila smirked. But hers were so much better, and everyone would know this in time, especially those her dubbed Lila as their friend.

Cherie Reese, Gina Cho, and Amy Sutton were all waiting at the HOJ for their friend Lila Fowler to show up. And besides she was shouting them coffees to be here. Which was very rare for Lila. “It’s too bad Melissa couldn’t come.” Cherie said. “And even more amazing that Coach didn’t call a practice.” Gina chirped in. Amy just leaned her elbows on the table, and was watching the door, waiting for Lila to enter. She really needed to get this over with. She had lots of study to do, even though she didn’t want to admit it. But she really needed to get into a good university, and with her grades, well, things needed to be done. Just then Lila strolled in, glanced at them and smiled. “Hi there.” She said smoothly. “Before we start, what drinks would you like?” Lila asked. “I’ll have a medium Tai Chi.” Came Cherie’s voice. “And I’ll have an iced tea.” Said Gina, slighly narrowing her eyes over at the counter where Jessica Wakefield was serving customers. Amy sighed. “I’ll just have a decaf coffee.” She said finally. Lila grinned. “Coming right up.” She said smoothly. Gina looked at Jessica again, with a menacing glance. “It’s not fair, how someone like Jessica can flirt with Tom. I don’t care if Will really did fall for Jessica, she is still a flirt in my opinion. Look at the way she flips her hair.” Gina said flipping her own in turn. Amy just raised her eyebrows in skepticism. And Cherie for once actually took a different approach. “It’s too bad you feel that way Gina, because I for one like the competition. It will just show who he really likes. After we’ve finished with her that is.” Lila just returned with all their drinks, she herself had gotten a Decaf Latte. “So what’s up?” she asked them all. Cherie and Gina just smiled in return. “We were just talking about who to invite to the party.” Gina said sweetly, giving the others a silencing look. “Ok then, well, the caterers, everything have been sorted.” Lila said promptly. “And we have a Jazz band coming, the works. What’s left to do, is the whole decorations and everything. I know you might think decorations are lame, but it will be a whole before cheerleading thing, so we can go all out?” she asked as an afterthought. “Well, of course,” said Cherie. “We’ve already done some banners and stuff. Plus red and white confetti wouldn’t go astray either.” She said. “Now back to the invites.” Lila said interrupting them. “I know that uh..the whole squad doesn’t get along, but there are only 5 days until the Regionals.” Lila emphasised. “So maybe we could all sleep in different rooms, and practice together proffesionally, just fine tuning ourselves up.” Gina and Cherie had their eyes narrowed on Lila. “We know that the Regionals are then Lila, but why does the whole squad have to stay over. I mean a few can come to the party, but then go home. Heaven forbid me slumbering it up with Jessica Wakefield.” Came Gina’s snotty voice. Amy glanced warily at Lila, who was about to tell Gina off. “Well if you must know, that’s what we did last year before Regionals, and we came second.” Lila’s voice replied snottily. Cherie sighed. “You guys, fighting will get us nowhere, let’s just have this slumber party thing. But I agree with separate rooms, plus this way, there are more people to help with clean up right?” Lila’s eyes shot up. “Yeah, that’s right.” Amy sutton sipped her coffee, and thought about the competition that Cherie and Gina were betting over for Tom McKay, thinking that the dramas had not yet begun.

Melissa Fox was packing her leather bag. She was at her National Honors Society meeting after school, so she couldn’t meet her friends for coffee. Not that she wanted to, she added to herself, as she strolled out of the classroom. She hated to think who would be at the Cheerleading Slumber Party, and nothing she would say would matter anyway. Lila was more and more smug these days, there was a bite that wasn’t there before. Well not directed at her anyway. Melissa marched down the corridors, on the verge of going to the mall, where she hoped to find something suitable to wear to this party. She would go and just keep up appearances. She didn’t need to snob her real friends, Gina Cho and Cherie Reese. Melissa got into her light blue porsche, which she had gotten for her birthday in October. If only everything were black and white, she thought to herself. Then Jessica wouldn’t be on the cheerleading squad. Lila wouldn’t try to snub me, because she thinks that I am losing power. Which is absolutely not true, she added to herself. Melissa drove into the Sweet Valley Parking spots, and stepping out. She spotted a kid, with an ice cream in her hand, clutching her mother’s hand with the other. The kid looked plain happy, and the mother didn’t look like she wanted to snap at the kid, every step she made. Melissa remembered her own childhood. Raised by a nanny, what a laugh. Her mother was always cold. Come to think of it, she still was. Melissa’s sister Lara, was nice enough, but she had her life ahead of her. And to this day, Melissa was still compared to her. Melissa sighed as she walked into the familiar mall, hoping not to see anyone she knew. She just wanted to shop alone, and just grab something quickly. Melissa crossed over to Lissettes, and sighed, seeing the same stock was there last week. “And they were meant to be exclusive.” She muttered. Just then she smiled. “Bibi’s had been rebuilt.” She whispered. But then the reality came back. Too bad, they couldn’t bother with El Carro’s. After the earthquake Melissa’s whole life had been destroyed. Her friends were being distant, even though they wouldn’t say it. No time for being sentimental, she told herself. I need to move on. She walked into the airy Bibi’s store, and stopped short. Hanging from a dresser was the perfect dress. A light lavender slip, with a tiny broidered flower in at the top in the middle. It’s perfect, she decided to herself, as she went and touched the fabric. Just then she spotted a group of Sweet Valley High girls enter the shop, and they looked like they were about to talk to her. Melissa smiled weakly, and dropped the dress on the counter, quickly paying the sales girl, and walking out, not waiting for their responses. You’ve got to breathe Melissa, she told herself. Everything was just going to her head, and slowly.

Journal Entries

Melissa Fox
I have a new dress and now I’m ready for Lila’s party, I’m ready to just get the whole Regionals over with.

Jessica Wakefield
All the cheerleaders have been invited to slumber at Lila’s. No way, am I staying over at that traitors house if I don’t have to.

Lila Fowler
Being the nice hostess I am, I rang all the cheerleaders telling them about the slumber party. I can’t believe how cold Jessica was being. She was nicer before that. She is obviously regaining a lot of confidence.