Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter eight – Scheming

It was a bright Saturday, and Jessica Wakefield sighed as she drove to HOJ to begin her shift for the morning, she also had work tomorrow morning, but on Wednesday afternoon the cheerleaders would be heading to North Beach for the Regionals in Cheerleading. These would continue up until Friday afternoon, as there were so many teams competing. Hopefully they got the Thursday spot, so that they could just get it over with, and not be accused of copying routines. And as Jessica knowed from her many years of cheerleading, was to not leak information to the competition, or even to practice in wide open spaces. People did like to copy. Plain and simple as that.

Melissa Fox could really use a strong fix of coffee, and obviously her mother hadn’t gotten any coffee which would do the trick. Melissa was afraid of losing her friends, so she needed something to distract her. Maybe I can call Will, she thought to herself. But he had also been distant lately, hanging with his new found friend Ken Matthews. And Melissa wanted nothing to do with him. “It’s just not fair.” She muttered to herself. Melissa then thought of going to HOJ, but what was the point with no friends? Melissa sighed and just settled outside by the pool. Just then she heard the doorbell rang. With Melissa being the only one home. She decided to sneak around the side of the house to see who was there. Her heart suddenly felt cold. Standing there was none other than Lila Fowler looking very crisp indeed. Here goes. Melissa told herself. “Hello.” Melissa said coldly stepping around the side. “Hey Liss,” came Lila’s superior voice. Melissa??!!! screamed Melissa’s conscience again. Out loud she said. “How can I help you.” Melissa said raising her eyebrows. Lila scanned her face, and said. “I’m here to ask if you’re going to come and stay tomorrow, with the rest of the cheerleaders.” Lila said simply. “Some of the others will be. And well, I haven’t seen you around lately, to just check you know?” Lila said. Melissa seriously thought this over, and then with one big phoney smile, and a syrupy voice, she said. “I wouldn’t miss it for the world Li.” Melissa said emphasizing the last word, and strolling off. Why hadn’t Lila just rung her? Melissa thought irritably. Maybe Cherie or Gina had asked her to check in on her. Well, whatever, Melissa would go and have a good time, with her kodak camera in her hands, for other purposes you know?

Amy Sutton walked down the street, just to see a bunch of jocks at the park, playing with a football. Among them was Matt Radinsky, the guy that she had had her eyes on for ages. But he had never noticed her, he just guessed her to be part of the Melissa and friends gang, whom he flirted with non-stop. But when Melissa had gone out with Ken Matthews, this hadn’t made her popular, and the guys had talked less to all of them, although sometimes rudely in front of Melissa, who just ignored them anyway. Why do I feel so rotten? Amy thought, recalling Melissa and Lila’s civil but cold, responses to everything. And then Cherie and Gina were in for a competition to see who could get Tom McKay for a date, and getting Amy in on the deal. Even though Amy knew they had no chance whatsoever to attract him, but it would provide some amusement. That wasn’t the only thing that was bugging her though. Jessica Wakefield was regaining a lot of popularity, more than Melissa in fact, and Melissa knew it, that’s why she treated Jessica so rotten, and maybe Lila was having second thoughts to everything, as she was starting to act all superior to Melissa, who just narrowed her eyes in return most of the time in response. It was time for Amy to make a decision. Should she just be her own person, and find new friends, go back to Jessica while she was on her way back up to the top. Amy sat down on the bench, and pulled her knees up to her chest, as her jeans she had on crinkled slightly. Just then she saw Elizabeth Wakefield and Maria Slater drive past. So Elizabeth must have the day off from the Sedona, as she was usually there, pushing lip stick or whatever she did. Amy was taken back through her thoughts, as she had time to think. She smiled as she remembered herself in Middle School, as tom-boyish as she was, she lived life to the fullest, and her best friend had been Elizabeth, whom always stuck beside her. They were best friends, and I used to think Jessica was such a boy-crazy Unicorn, and then I came back to SVH, and both the Wakefield twins were both popular in their own ways. But I ended up in Jessica’s circle, she just accepted me straight off, plus she had the power. I miss everyone that has moved away, Amy thought to herself, not even noticing someone sit next to her. “Hey Ames, are you feeling okay?” Josh Radinsky asked, as he and Matt Wells sat next to her with sweaty faces. Amy just looked startled. She had no idea what to say. Josh had a smug grin, and Matt looked rather interested. “I’m fine.” Amy said in a higher pitch voice, that she used to flirt with guys. “You look deep in thought there.” Matt commented, as he towelled his face. “Thinking about Cheerleading huh?” Josh asked. “Something like that.” Amy muttered as she stared at the ground. The guys both looked at each other. “Na, seriously what’s up?” Josh asked. Amy just glanced around. “I’m just thinking about Cheerleading, I mean that’s all we think of isn’t it?” Amy said in a normal voice, and standing up and walking away. She didn’t even want to see the look on their faces, as she turned in the opposite direction, thinking that she was much more than just a cheerleader.

Elizabeth Wakefield had the whole week off from Sedona, due to the whole Cheerleading thing, which she was now in. Elizabeth just smirked, recalling Maria Slater’s response, when she had told her, she was a cheerleader. The look was priceless. Plus it was rather fun, Elizabeth thought, thinking of all their hard training, and more that would come up on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, since they were leaving in the afternoon. Elizabeth was also on speaking terms with Alanna. It wasn’t her fault she was stuck with Conner, who just liked to deceive everyone. Right. Get him out of your mind. Elizabeth told herself in her head. Elizabeth turned her radio in her bedroom ready to show Maria her whole little cheerleading routine. “This should be worth a laugh.” Maria said, as the sounds started to fill Elizabeth’s bedroom. And not to mention her pom poms and cheerleading uniform she was also wearing for an added effect. “And then we shake it here and there.” Elizabeth sung loudly, as Maria giggled out loud. She rounded off with a little split, and raised her pom poms above her head, grinning. “Are you sure you’re Elizabeth Wakefield?” Maria asked Elizabeth. “Jessica, is that really you?” Elizabeth pretended to slap Maria in astonishment, but ended up grinning. “Hard to believe isn’t it?” she said flopping on the bed, with her pom poms on her lap. “Hey, Tom is looking cute isn’t he?” Maria said to Elizabeth. “Oh yeah, but too bad he’s not any of our type. Although if Andy knew the whole gist of the situation, it could be rather funky.” Elizabeth said, her blue-green eyes gleaming, and she had an idea. “You’re going to Lila’s party right?” Elizabeth asked Maria. “Yeah why?” Maria asked suspiciously. “Well, Tom is bound to be there, the way that Cherie and Gina have been flirting with him. And so will Andy.” “Liz, you are too much.” Maria said shaking her head and grinning.

It was coming to the closing of Jessica’s day at HOJ, and she felt a little bit tired, recalling Lila coming in, and asking her to come to the party, convincing her it was a team thing, making Jessica feel rotten, so she finally decided to stay over. And on second thought, why had Lila wanted her there in the first place? And then Tom McKay led by a grinning Tia Ramirez, who was supposedly showing him around, and flanked by a non-smiley Andy had come in earlier, telling Jessica that they were showing him around Sweet Valley. Not that he needed to know, Jessica thought, he had been here last year. Everyone else was looking forward to Lila’s party, and Jessica in a way knew why. Lila went all out with her parties. Maybe she should just try and enjoy it. Jessica smiled wondering what she should wear. Maybe she’d go to the mall that afternoon, and get herself a nice dress. Not that I don’t have enough, she told herself. But one more to the collection can’t hurt, she thought to herself, as she leaned on the counter. It was Jeremy’s day off, so she would be looking forward to the party with her. There would be free food!

Tom McKay had ended up at his favourite spot. The Beach. And Tia Ramirez was eager to please, as she was talking rapidly about the whole earthquake, and how it had destroyed her school El Carro High, but she was liking SVH, and to top things off, this was the captain of the Cheerleading squad. She didn’t look like the type. But then he never thought Elizabeth Wakefield would be. The Wakefield’s were still the blond mirror images they always were. Elizabeth still thoughtful, and Jessica was still popular, but there was someone that kept popping in Tom’s eye. She had big light blue eyes, that just scanned him with a dislike, and they so ice cold, that they could probably freeze a fire. She was petite looking and was a cheerleader. She seriously disturbed him. Her friends were Cherie Reese, and Gina Cho, that just kept hangng around him. But she always kept her distance, her eyes, were passive not showing much emotion, but she was cold. The only time he’d seen her smile was around that blond jock, and she didn’t look like she was forcing it. And then she had seen him pass, and her eyes would flicker for a bit with no emotion. What was this all about? He was only new here after all. And the girl seemed to have it in for Jessica Wakefield. “Hey Tia, I have a question.” “Shoot.” Said Tia smiling at him. “There is this girl that I keep seeing, she has ice blue eyes, and I think she’s a cheerleader. What’s her name?” Tia raised an eyebrow. “You have just met Melissa Fox. I think she has it in for everybody.” Tia said whispering the last part. “So, she’s not that nice then?” Tom asked. Tia replied. “Not at all nice, she’s a big bully in the playground, but then I guess, she isn’t very happy herself either, she must have other problems.” Tia said. “Why, are you interested in her?” Tia asked with a shocked voice. “Oh no, not at all, not at all.” Tom said, wondering if his secret had gotten around SVH yet. But then Tia really did look shocked. Maybe no one knew. Oh well. Tom told himself, as he sunk back into the sand, as Andy Marsden, Tia’s friend eyed him oddly.


Journal entries

Melissa Fox
Where is everyone? No one has called me all day!

Amy Sutton
I like Matt Wells, but does he even like me, or is he just another footballhead, like I am cheerleader. Whatever…

Tia Ramirez
Woo hoo, a party, just wait Tom, until you see me in my red dress.