Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter nine – Second thoughts

Melissa Fox sighed as she looked at her alarm clock on Sunday morning, she needed to go for a run, anything, before she went to Cheerleading Practice that day, and then to Lila’s party that night. Melissa didn’t know where she stood with Will, and she had been paying extra attention to Tom McKay, who actually seemed like a nice guy from a distance. She had seen him talking to Will the other day, and she had also been watching him like a hawk. It didn’t seem like he was flirting back at Jessica Wakefield. So there Jessica, Melissa thought, thinking that maybe she would tell Jessica something about it at Lila’s party. Melissa frowned, at the way Jessica Wakefield was taking up her brain space. I need to talk to Will, she decided. She grabbed the telephone, rung his number, and then waited. “Hello” came a deep voice on the other end. Melissa just breathed. “Hey Will, what’s up?” Melissa said dwindling the telephone cord, as she waited for his reply. “Hey Liss, hey the guys are going to play football soon, for practice when the play-offs come. So I’ll see ya tonight?” Will asked. “Yeah.” Melissa said, hating the sound of her voice. “I’m sorry Liss.” Came Will’s voice as he hung up. Melissa flinged her pillow across the room in exasperation. Why was Will always like this? They were after all meant to be together. One drama after another is all I get, she thought. Maybe it’s time for me to move on, Melissa said staring at their prom picture from Junior High. Things have changed, and I think it’s about time I did. I’m sick of all this power, what I need is freedom, and just a good time. So party time here I come!!

Will Simmons pushed his hand through his hair, as he headed out the door to meet up with the guys for a mucking around session, maybe a little football. Something else striked him as odd. Melissa could get moody when he ignored her too much. She just sounded deflated before, like she had lost something. I better talk to her later on, he told himself. Our relationship has been through enough. The last thing I need is to lose Liss, he told himself. He’d make it up to her, he told himself. That was the least she deserved.

Jessica Wakefield grinned over at Jeremy Aames her boyfriend, whom also happened to be working the Sunday shift with her. He was totally gorgeous she thought, and kind and thoughtful, she reminded herself. Plus he was the captain of the football team in Big Mesa, so he was also in great shape. Thinking of sports, Jessica was taken back to cheerleading, and the practice they had in the afternoon, that Coach had just called yesterday afternoon. Jessica smiled as she could imagine Lila’s reaction, when she wanted to organise the party. Well, she had plenty of people to organise it for her anyway. She probably needed the whole time just to get changed, and make sure she looked perfect. Jessica smiled at the dress she had finally chosen, it suited her right down to the little embroidered flower on the front. And it suited her, with its slim fitting. Jeremy was serving a customer, and every now and then catching her eye, and winking, as she cleaned the tables up a bit. Too busy within her thoughts though.

Tia Ramirez, had had a fun day yesterday, with two cute guys. One was her best friend Andy Marsden, and the other was a guy called Tom McKay whom certainly was mysterious. He was cute, but with the many girls falling all over him, he just didn’t seem very interested. What was up with that? Tia deserved another boyfriend, after Angel, whom had been the sweetest guy ever. Tia walked down the stairs to find her family in the kitchen just munching on a late breakfast. Tia grimaced, realising she had practice for Cheerleading soon. Just some fine tuning up. And then tonight would be Lila’s party, where lots of people would be at, she couldn’t wait to dance with cute guys.

Elizabeth Wakefield was reading her French text book, and going over verbs, when there was a knock on the door downstairs. Jessica wasn’t home, so she walked down the stairs, expecting to see Maria or someone. But she gasped when she realised that it was not Maria at all. Amy Sutton was standing there, looking quite nervous. Elizabeth didn’t know what to say, so she said coldly. “Yes, how can I help you?” Amy just looked up at Elizabeth. “Uh, Liz is Jessica here?” Elizabeth’s eyes sharpened. “Why, are you here to rub in the fact that you guys ditched her, and left her for a pack of foxes, aka Melissa.” Elizabeth said getting bite in her tone. Amy just stared disbelieving. “It’s not like that all. I guess you don’t understand.” Amy’s eyes started to flash, and she snapped her jaw shut. “Well, there you have it. Elizabeth Wakefield has done the loop in, totally misunderstanding.” Elizabeth just snickered. “You have no right to be here, and if you must know, Jessica is at HOJ, and soon to be at cheerleading, so talk to her then.” Elizabeth slammed the door, leaving Amy quite shaken.

Amy Sutton walked away from the Wakefield twins in astonishment. I can’t believe that, that’s the Elizabeth Wakefield whom used to be my best friend, she thought shaking her head slightly. But in a way Elizabeth was right. She would just say it all at cheerleading, and maybe just maybe Jessica would forgive her. After all Amy Sutton could think for herself.

Coach Laufeld had been slave driving the cheerleaders since they all had arrived. “Alright, we just need to fine tune things up, so I want to see you go through your routines.” Jessica Wakefield smiled along with the rest of the cheerleaders, in her position, and they leapt through the routine, effortlessly. Jessica was right beside Melissa Fox who had the phoniest smile she had ever seen. “Okay take a break for five, and then we’ll get back to it.” “Finally.” Said Elizabeth right beside her twin. Jessica raised her eyebrows. What was up with Elizabeth? She kept staring Amy of all people down. Amy just looked slightly guilty, but her eyes defiant, while she was in a group with Melissa Fox, Gina Cho and Cherie Reese, who all looked rather bored, and to her pleasure, Jessica noticed Melissa’s eyes flick over to Lila Fowler, who pretended to file her nails by the wall. Lila caught Jessica’s eyes, but Jessica couldn’t read her expression, so she just stretched a bit, while Coach was having a coffee wherever she was. Amy looked like she was on the verge of saying something, but kept turning away. “Alright back to it.” Coach said, holding a coffee in her hands, as she turned their music on, and the cheerleaders launched back into their routine. “Talk about rotten timing, just before the party.” Lila was muttering just to the right of Jessica.

Amy Sutton sighed, as they just finished cheerleading practice. It was now or never. “Hey Jessica, can we talk for a second?” Amy asked as her little crew had already left in their cars. “Are you sure Melissa hasn’t put you up to this?” Jessica asked, with a bitter laugh. “Actually, no I don’t want to talk to you, so if you don’t mind, I have a party to get ready for.” Jessica said, eyeing Amy in disbelief. Amy sighed. “I’ll see ya at the party.” Jessica held her head high. She did not need friends that were so wishy washy. Just as Jessica turned for the Jeep where Elizabeth was waiting, she spotted Lila Fowler watching with interest, and then she checked her watch, and raced out of the parking lot. Things are too weird Jessica thought, as she hopped into the Jeep next to Elizabeth, who was talking about how Alanna was such a good cheerleader, and that it was time she gave her a break. Jessica tuned her out, and just thought of Amy. So it looks like someone thinks power is coming back this way. And not to mention Lila, Jessica thought smugly.


Journal entries

Melissa Fox
My dress looks fab, and this party had better rock, or else!

Lila Fowler
The caterers and what not can handle everything, I’m thinking of the way Amy approached Jessica, what is up with that? Not only do I think Jessica is regaining power, but it looks like someone else does too.