Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter eleven – Is it really worth it all?

Everyone was silent for a moment in the Fowler’s dining room, where Lila was holding a party before the Cheerleading Regionals in two days, when the Cheerleaders would be leaving on the Wednesday. But now everyone was staring back and forth from Cherie Reese to Tom McKay, over to Will Simmons in a far corner, as Melissa Fox has just exited the room, looking rather upset, and snapping at people. Lila held her breath in anger as Melissa left. The girl was always out for everyone’s attention. Will, however took off out the door, his face paling a little bit. Lila sighed. This was her party, it was time to get on with things. And the Jazz band was still playing, so why not enjoy it? Lila made her way through the people in the rooms, smiling, and offering drinks. Who needed Melissa Fox and her pettiness? As Lila passed Cherie Reese, she gave her a menacing look. Why couldn’t they have talked about their problems elsewhere? Lila thought, brustling past them all. Lila also thought it was time to go back to how things used to be. She glanced at Jessica Wakefield, talking with Jeremy Aames, as they both looked close to laughter. Just perfect, Lila cringed. My party is now a laughingstock.

Jeremy Aames, was whispering things in Jessica Wakefield’s ear, as they both danced the night away. Something had bugged Jessica though. The look on Melissa Fox’s face, was something she wouldn’t forget quickly. Was that the way she had looked the first time, she had decided to pop pills and try and kill herself. Jessica pulled away, and took in Cherie Reese’s face. Her face was extremely pale, as she was talking with Gina Cho, who was saying something to Cherie. The look on Cherie’s face had dramatically changed, since her outburst with Melissa. Cherie had accused Melissa of trying to get to Tom, where Melissa was already taken. In actual fact, Melissa had just been dumped by Will Simmons, yet again. It was a whole big triangle. But one thing was for sure. She just would not feel sorry for Melissa Fox.

Melissa Fox had had it with all her friends. They are such traitors. I don’t need them anyway, she thought, as she drove her car far away from anyone. All she wanted to do was drive all night long. And that’s exactly what she’d do. Finally, I met a nice guy, like Will, and it all gets whipped out from me, by my own best friend. Melissa couldn’t take it anymore. She pulled into a parking lot near the beach. She walked down onto the sand. Things were really crazy right now. She glanced at the lashing waves. Maybe I should just launch myself in there. No one would care, she thought miserably, but the tears just blurred her vision. “I have no friends, no boyfriend, no life. What’s the point anyway?” she said to herself, as she sunk lower in to the sand. All she wanted to do was float out to sea, and be a mermaid, which was really unrealistic. But the thought was really appealing, but then Ariel the Little Mermaid still fell in love. Why can’t life be simple?

Amy Sutton just snapped her mouth shut, as she realised that Cherie Reese had just betrayed her best friend. That’s exactly how I was with Jessica, she told herself. It’s not good to watch someone else do it. And people were gauking at Cherie and Gina with a disgusted look, which they just ignored. Tom McKay had already gone. It was too bad that Cherie dissed Melissa like that, because none of them stood a chance with him anyway. But did they? He had a look on his face when Melissa had entered the room. No, it can’t be, Amy told herself.

Will Simmons regretted dumping Melissa like that, but he thought she’d be okay, because she had her friends, and cheerleading, and plenty of guys would like her. She’s popular, pretty and incredibly smart, he told himself. The same things that made him fall for her. But now, he just felt they didn’t click. And not because he had found another girlfriend, because he hadn’t. I need to find her, he told himself. Melissa hadn’t been at her house. He had even found the spare key under the mat. No one was there. Where could she have gone? He thought frantically searching the streets, expecting her to be on a curb somewhere. Please don’t let her have done anything stupid, he told himself. She has got to be okay.

Jessica Wakefield had claimed off on the slumber party, whether Lila cared or not. She didn’t need to be with those girls, instead she just wanted some fresh air. The whole Amy/Lila thing was starting to bug her. They were acting all sweet toward her, and she couldn’t stand it. In fact, what she wanted to do, was just go to the beach or something. Jeremy was going over to his mates afterwards, and Jessica claimed off that as well. Jessica sighed, remembering what happened this time last year. This was the first time, she had to gather her thoughts, as she drove along the open road in the Jeep. Elizabeth could just get a ride with Maria or something. Jessica remembered quitting the squad, while Heather Mallone, her nasty co-captain from last year, tried to fully take it over. Jessica felt safe at the beach, remembering how sweet Ken Matthews had been. That was all in the past now, but Jessica wanted to go there, in release of old times. Jessica pulled the Jeep into the nearest parking lot. The only other car there was some porsche. And Jessica also remembered Melissa’s face. That porsche looked a lot like….Jessica got out of the Jeep wondering what she might find. She raced off down the hill, full aware that Will Simmons was out looking for Melissa. Jessica looked at the waves, and glanced frantically around. Melissa wasn’t quite stable. She acted it most of the time. But Jessica saw no sign of Melissa anywhere. She decided to walk further down, where the Beach Disco used to be. And she just gasped, Melissa lay there motionless near the top. Jessica raced up to her, and just tapped her lightly. And the next thing she knew, Melissa was pulling herself up, and looking at Jessica with the utmost in loathing. “Yes?” Melissa asked as snottily as she could, though she was half-asleep and Jessica had come and bugged her. And then Melissa glanced around. The beach? She thought to herself, trying to regather her thoughts. “Listen Jessica, I hope you’re not trying to do me any favours. I don’t need pity.” Melissa said, as she recalled the nights events, cringing. She may as well just head home, and sleep or something. “I’ve got to go.” Melissa said in a strange voice, as she headed towards the parking lot. Jessica just shook her head. “I was just seeing if you were alright”, she called out. Could things get any weirder tonight?

Melissa Fox was feeling dizzy as she headed for her Porsche. I will just go home. It’s not like I have anywhere else to be, she thought miserably. Even my worst enemy is being nice. Things are too demented for words. Things weren’t meant to be like this. I was still meant to be Will, even though I might have feelings for Tom. And as for Cherie and Gina, they were still meant to be my best friends, Melissa thought bitterly to herself. And the next thing you know..”Melissa.” came her Mom’s angry voice from the kitchen. “Where have you been?” Melissa just shut her bedroom door, and locked it, refusing to come out, with tears down her face.


Journal Entries

Melissa Fox
The whole world is against me...

Jessica Wakefield
Weird. Me pity Melissa Fox.