Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter twelve – Rumour Mill

Melissa Fox was curled up in bed, as her mother’s yelling had subsided, and her father had come home, from work for once and was calming her down. Melissa frowned. Was that how her and Will used to be. She was the emotional ball, and he always calmed her down. Melissa just stared at the dress she had on, and how her hair looked all dishevelled, and her water proof mascara had finally streaked. She was a fright. She walked over to her mirror, and started brushing her hair, even though she knew it would have no effect, and then Melissa decided to curl back up in bed, the next thing she knew, she was fast asleep and not making a sound.

Jessica Wakefield woke bright and early on Monday morning in anticipation of school, and seeing everyone all riled up for when the cheerleaders headed off on Wednesday. It was all anyone could talk about. And Lila’s party had been a blast, until Melissa Fox had stormed out, after being humiliated by her very best friend Cherie Reese. Jessica knocked on her sister Elizabeth’s door, and to her surprise Elizabeth was also up, and was searching for something in her dresser. “What are you looking for?” Jessica asked Elizabeth. Elizabeth then turned to Jessica, with a glance. “Jess, have you seen my new linen blouse?” Jessica just glanced oddly around the room. “I have no idea Liz, maybe you left it somewhere.” “Jessica where is it?” Elizabeth asked, arching her back, and staring at her twin, like old times. “Well, I might have accidentally borrowed it when I went out last week, and well, I guess it’s in the washing basket.” Jessica said smiling at her twin bravely. “But it’s okay Lizzie, you have loads of clothes.” Jessica exclaimed, pulling out clothes from her twins drawers. “Really Jess, I can manage.” Elizabeth said scowling as the clothes were getting scattered around her room. “Hmmph.” Was Jessica’s reply. Jessica then decided to go downstairs for breakfast. She was just putting the toast in the toaster, and grabbing the orange juice out of the fridge, when the doorbell rang. Sighing, Jessica marched over to it, and to her surprise she saw Tom McKay standing there. “Hey Jess, you know most things that go around right? Well have you seen Melissa Fox? I know she’s not your best friend and all, but she seems really unhappy, and a bit emotional.” Tom spilled out. He looked terrible, like he had been out looking for her all night. “Yeah, I’ve seen her, and yes she’s alright. You might want to check her home, she’s probably there.” Tom took in Jessica, and said sheepishly. “Yeah, that’s probably the best place to go, silly me.” But there was something else in Tom’s eyes. Jessica just arched an eyebrow. Tom like Melissa? Yeah right.

Lila Fowler was in a seriously bad mood. None of the cheerleaders had stayed over, all claiming off. Well, the ungrateful lot, can feel the full wrath of Lila Fowler today. Considering, clean up was meant to be done by most of them, Lila had to hire a cleaner. How terrible that was, when she could be out buying a new nail polish or something. Lila just strolled SVH’s corridors, her eyes resting on Jessica Wakefield, who was rolling her eyes as her sister spoke to her. Lila’s brow furrowed. Was it her imagination, or had Jessica suddenly gone back into being the old Jessica she once knew. The girl that used to have different views to her sister. Lila then heard Jessica say. “Really Liz, how was I meant to know that! I mean it has been a whole year.” And then Elizabeth hissed. “I can’t believe you told people that Tom liked Melissa, for heavens sake Jess, he’s gay!” “Really Liz, really? Then you haven’t kept up with things have you?” and then Jessica sauntered away. Lila blinked. Tom McKay and Melissa Fox? This really was weird. Lila just smirked as she strolled toward the cafeteria. Wait till she told Amy about this. Tom was meant to be gay, how could he be falling for a girl? Unless of course, he had changed.

Elizabeth Wakefield was steaming at the way Jessica had handled the whole Tom liking Melissa thing, telling some of her friends. Why didn’t the whole world know? She was certain that the whole thing was not at all true. Besides, setting Andy up with Tom hadn’t exactly been a huge success, considering Andy left early, and everything. But why was Jessica being like this? It was almost like her old self had come out of hiding. Elizabeth who was going to wear a nice blue blouse, and white skirt, but instead, she was wearing a white cotton top, and a denim skirt, that had a slit in the side. It was conservative yet flattering. But as for Jessica, she was wearing, this hot pink rib top, with tiny straps, and black capri pants, which suited her impeccably. Plus she had the award winning smile, that had faded a few times over the year. Elizabeth just started walking away in disgust, thinking about the way her sister was behaving. The only place Elizabeth felt like going, was to the library, to find some books for her research, while her sister bounced off to the lunchroom in search for more gossip.

Jessica Wakefield sighed as she recalled Elizabeth’s face. She was one hacked off sister, and all because the rumour mill was indeed getting very interesting. Jessica just plonked down at a spare seat in the cafeteria, which happened to be beside Annie Whitman, and Jade Wu. She smiled at them both, and launched into all the details. Before long, they were all discussing it, and Jessica didn’t notice Amy Sutton and Lila Fowler coming to sit down at the table, as the others started chatting. Jessica didn’t need to say anything to those traitorous girls. She just flipped her hair, and giggled. “Can you imagine Tom falling for Melissa? I haven’t heard anything like that for ages.” Jessica gave a pointed look at Amy and Lila, as willing them to say something in Melissa’s defence. But instead they just smiled. “I never would have thought it true.” Amy said shaking her head. Jessica just frowned. “Where is Melissa and her little followers? I thought you guys would be with them.” Jessica said causing Annie and Jade to glance at her warily. Jessica set her face at a look, that made them both cringe. “Listen Jess, let’s just put that all behind us.” Said Amy, as Lila was nodding. “Whatever.” Was all that Jessica said, as she bit into her lasagne, as she casted them a skeptical look.

Tia Ramirez couldn’t believe her eyes. She had just come into the cafeteria, and Jessica Wakefield was sitting with Amy Sutton and Lila Fowler, the two girls who had ditched her at the beginning of the year. Tia just sat next to Andy Marsden with her brow creased. Since when were they all friends again? Tia didn’t even notice Andy nudging her. “Earth to Tia, earth to Tia. While you were consumed with other things, I ate your brownie.” Andy told her grinning. Tia just stared at Jessica. “Oh and since you’re not remotely listening to me, I may as well make a clean getaway.” Said Andy standing up. Tia turned. “Where are you going?” “She is back with us on planet earth.” Andy said clearly mocking her. “Watch what you say, I am tougher than you any day.” Tia replied promptly, as she sipped her juice. Tia then looked at Andy. “Can you believe that?” Tia asked. “What? That you’re back on planet earth?” Andy replied with a smirk. Tia scowled. “No. That Jessica didn’t even sit with us, but with them.” Tia said the last part with utmost disgust. “Really Tee, Jessica is just having some cheerleading discussion, you should go and join in.” Tia rolled her eyes, and started to eat her lunch. “Hey! Where’s my brownie?” And with that, Andy stood up away from the table, as Tia scowled at him.

Melissa Fox was still lying in bed mid afternoon. She turned over, knowing that she was going to miss cheerleading practice that afternoon. Tom had rung just before during the lunch break, and asked if she was okay. He was so sweet, Melissa thought smiling. Apart from Cheerleading, her friends were her life, and they had ditched her, because they had some bet to get Tom, and it had backfired on them both, and instead, it looked like he was falling for her. Melissa finally decided to get up, and get dressed, only to find her mother at the steps, looking like one of the bad guys in a movie. “What is this about? Missing school? Staying out late on a school night, right before your end of year exams, deciding which university you go to?” Melissa’s mom just roared, her eyes not leaving Melissa. Melissa decided to take her chance. “Really Mom, get a life and lighten up, I will be back at school tomorrow, and guess what? I’ll be leaving for cheerleading on Wednesday. Melissa’s mother’s eyes flashed. “Don’t you speak to me like that! You watch what you say, or you will not be going to that Cheerleading tournament. You have toed the line one too may times.” She roared. Melissa narrowed her eyes, and just walked out. She did not need this. Her mother was always moaning about one thing or another.


Journal entries

Jessica Wakefield
Melissa Fox wasn’t at school all day. Worst thing, why do I even care? And why is everyone suddenly greasing up to me? They are transparent, that’s what they are.

Melissa Fox
Happy thoughts of Tom, Cheerleading, Tom, Cheerleading, Tom, Cheerleading. Why does the other portion of my life suck?

Elizabeth Wakefield
Cheerleading on Wednesday, yay! And maybe then I can do an article for the Oracle, on how well it all goes.

Tia Ramirez
Cheerleading, OMG, Cheerleading…Wednesday, I better not forget the moves!