Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter thirteen – All Set

Jessica Wakefield was gazing at the open road which they were travelling on, on their way to the Cheerleading Regionals, a few hours away. It was a bright Wednesday afternoon, and the sun was gleaming, however nerves would be getting the better of them tomorrow, when they had to perform in front of all those people in North Beach. Jessica was sitting next to her friend Tia Ramirez, who had seemed a bit distant in the last couple of days. Jessica figured it must be because of cheerleading, so she just continued to look out the window, without a word. "California is really beautiful." Jessica murmurred, hoping that Tia might say something. "Yeah, I guess." was Tia's reply. Jessica glanced at Tia warily. "Is there something wrong Tia, you've been rather quiet since we started out on the road. "Oh, just thinking of cheerleading." Tia said distractedly, and then she glanced at Jessica. "Oh and wondering if you're friends with Amy and Lila again." Jessica just sat back in her chair. "Tia, we are part of a cheerleading team. I at least have to be civil." Jessica said stiffly. "Besides, after what they did to me, I won't let them come crawling back that easily." Tia's expression softened at that. "Yeah, you need to kick their butt." Tia was smiling again, but their was an odd expression on her face still.

Tia Ramirez was wringing her hands in her lap, avoiding meeting Jessica's eyes. Jessica was acting different, almost more freely, which was a good thing, but Tia felt like they were drifting a little bit. How could Jessica be able to change so quickly? And when did Melissa Fox have to sit at the back all by herself, scowling at Cherie and Gina who were sitting by each other. And lately gossip had doubled around school, and that Elizabeth was acting more and more different too. Glancing to the front a bit, and to the right, sat Elizabeth Wakefield and Alanna Feldman together, and she was actually smiling. Had the Wakefield's looped around or something. Tia got along with Alanna, but Elizabeth? Tia just glanced back at Jessica, who had this grin on her face, as she was gazing at some cute bikers they were passing. And Tia grinned back at her, they were rather cute. Maybe some things were for the better, thought Tia, while Jessica went back to filing her nails.

Melissa Fox's face was steady, as she recalled her Mom's face that morning, when she had asked her to sign her permission form, which ended up in a lot of yelling. Mrs Fox had actually told Melissa she couldn't go, so Melissa doing something she had never had to do, had forged her mother's signature on the form, rather cunningly. Let her mother freak, maybe she would realise how awful she had been to Melissa. And Melissa couldn't care less about the looks Cherie and Gina kept shooting her. Melissa levelled her gaze at Gina, who had automatically sided with Cherie, all over Tom McKay, Melissa thought grumpily. Gina just dropped her gaze, and started whispering again to Cherie. "Talk about immature." Melissa said in a high pitched voice, which attracted their attention a couple of aisles up. Gina gave Melissa a look. "That's really too bad Melissa, we can always say it to your face. You are such a boyfriend stealer, even if you aren't with Will anymore." Gina said nastily. This statement attracted a lot of attention from a few onlookers who were sitting at the back also. Melissa levelled her stare. "Scared that I'm competition are you?" Her eyes remaining unreadable. Gina glared at Melissa. "Well, at least when I'm competition, I don't storm out in tears." Gina said with a satisfied smile. Melissa wished she could just disappear. "And I thought you were my friends, well not after this." Melissa choaked, and took out her walkman, just glaring at the girls. Her old best friends. It's time to move on, Melissa thought grumpily, as Lila Fowler and Amy Sutton were glancing at each other in an odd sort of way.

Coach Laufeld stepped up onto the bus, and told them all they had arrived. An excited murmur followed some of them, as they saw all the other squads that had already arrived. And they would be performing tomorrow. Jessica Wakefield was in her element, as she sauntered off the bus, remembering glares she had received last year. Confidence was finally oozing through her. Tia Ramirez, Annie Whitman, and Jade Wu were at her side, as their squad made their way through the crowded practice room, where they would so not be practicing, as that allowed for peakers to have a gawk. Jessica suddenly stopped to glance over at something that made her heart beat. Standing a couple of feet away was Heather Mallone (her old co-captain from last year, which had graduated). She gave Jessica a smirk, Jessica stared back with an equal look. Jessica heard a gasp behind her. "If it isn't Heather Mallone." came Lila Fowler's voice, and she was glancing from her to Jessica and back again. "What are you doing here?" Lila asked in a normalish voice. "Good question." Heather replied in a sultry voice. "You see, they were needing judges for this event, and I was only too willing, giving my past experience and all. And that I'm in college cheerleading as I speak." she paused for effect. "Anyway, I had better get going, lots to do, in very little time, the first try out will be starting really soon, toodles!" Jessica was seething. "That thing, is judging us?!" Elizabeth had been watching as well. "Really Jess, she needs to be impartial, it's all part of the judging." Elizabeth said looking as though she was trying to convince herself. "Yeah. Right." Jessica thought envisioning Heather's smug smile. This was all too much.

Elizabeth Wakefield was starting to feel like she had something to prove, especially after all that Heather Mallone had pulled on Jessica last year. Well, they would rock in the cheerleading Regionals, and Heather's vote would not bring them down. Elizabeth also took in the hostility between the squad. They needed to get that sorted out by tomorrow, when they would hit the mats. Elizabeth felt a bit queasy, at the sight of the squad. They had better get it together and soon!

Melissa Fox, collapsed on her bed later that night, willing herself to fall asleep, but she couldn't get the look on Cherie and Gina's face. Tears were starting to fall down her face, but she didn't care, and to top things off, she had to sleep next to Elizabeth Wakefield, Jessica's evil twin. However, the girl didn't seem to be acting that horribly, in fact she had already drifted to sleep, and not said a lot to Melissa. Melissa preferred it this way. But had she seen pity in the girl's face earlier on. It couldn't be. And the next thing Melissa knew, she had drifted to sleep.


Journal entries

Jessica
Two can play dirty, and if Heather wants to be like that, well then so will we!

Elizabeth Wakefield
Melissa Fox, sleeping next to me! But that's not the worst thing, I think the girl is crying at the moment, while I pretend to be asleep. <