Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter fourteen - Just another day

Jessica Wakefield woke early on Thursday morning, and just lay on her back, as she recalled the previous days events. She was all psyched to get to the Cheerleading Regionals in North Beach, and to her fury and disgust, her ex co-captain of the squad from last year, was one of the judges. This was unfair. Wouldn't Heather Mallone be a liability considering that she was in their cheerleading team last year. But all the judges had to be impartial. Jessica sighed as she pulled her blankets over her head, and realised that she was the first person to wake up. This must be a first, she thought to herself, she normally slept in late, unless she was working at House of Java (the coffee place where she worked alongside her boyfriend Jeremy Aames). Jessica felt even more queasy thinking about Jeremy. She really missed him, and he was miles away, back in Big Mesa, or Sweet Valley, he was probably working right now. Jessica just kept turning over, when she decided it would be easier if she just got up, considering that Coach Laufeld would be in at 7 to wake them all up anyway. Jessica squinted at the clock across the room. It was almost 6:30. There would be a mad rush for the showers soon. Jessica looked over at her sleeping sister Elizabeth who was next to the dreaded Melissa Fox, whose hair looked terribly matted and all over the place. Looked like Jessica wasn't the only one who had had a rough night. Her face was in her pillow. She was going to take a photo of this. Then her eyes drifted toward Lila, whose hair had a little mat thingy in it, and to Jessica's surprise Lila for once didn't have a green cucumbery face mask on, or whatever stuff Lila put on her face at night. Just then Jessica heard someone stirring, it was Tia Ramirez who was sleeping next to her. Before Jessica could sit grinning at the sleeping cheerleaders she grabbed her towel, and headed for the showers down the hall.

Melissa Fox groaned as Coach Laufeld, rang some bell thing in their room in some hall. Melissa squinted at the room. Who's idea was it to put all the cheerleaders together? Great slumber party, she thought, pulling her head away from her pillow, she also noticed that her pillow had a black streak down the front. Melissa had forgotten to take her mascara off from yesterday. What a lovely image for the morning, she thought, quickly grabbing her towel, she wouldn't wait around one more second, while the cheerleaders were grumbling to get out of bed. Melissa grabbed her bag with her cheerleading uniform in it. She was about to go out into a packed hall with cheerleaders from other schools. She just hoped she didn't look too bad.

It had taken a while, but finally all the cheerleaders were up and ready. So at 9 o'clock they all headed down to where the names were being drawn, for the Cheerleading Regionals which would commence at 10 o'clock, and run until 5 in the afternoon. Elizabeth Wakefield could seriously have had another snooze. She was up quite late at night, thinking about Melissa Fox and all her problems. Sure, they weren't Elizabeth's, but she knew there was a hidden wall behind the girl, causing her to be very vindictive toward a few people, although it looked like her friends, were snubbing her. And why do I care anyway? Elizabeth thought, as she scrunched her eyebrows in concern. Melissa's eyes looked hard, and she had certainly woken up, because when they had all been woken up, Melissa had looked really bad, just like that day, when Elizabeth had been in Andy's pool. Except Melissa's streakiness had come from tears from the night before. Elizabeth was feeling a pang of concern, when suddenly she heard a hiss in her ear. "Lizzie, we're fourth up." came her twins voice from behind her. "That means, we'll be finished today." said Jessica quietly. Elizabeth's mind suddenly clicked, fourth? Uh oh, the nerves were finally coming on, and she glanced at Jessica who was glaring toward the judge stand. The feeling came back in Elizabeth's stomach. They were fourth..

Tia Ramirez was just standing off to the side a bit, taking in Jessica Wakefield's glare toward one of the judges, who also happened to be Jessica's co-captain of last year. Heather Mallone did look smug, with her curly blonde hair, and petite little body. Well, whatever, this year's cheerleading squad rocked, no matter how much the squad clashed with each other, well especially with the squad clashing. There were serious matters that irked Tia. Like the fact that Elizabeth's face was looking at Melissa Fox with concern, and Cherie and Gina were both talking (obviously) behind Melissa's back, as she just stared straight ahead with hardened, determined eyes. And then over to Annie and Jade who were exercising their calf muscles, while chatting. Lila, Amy and Renee, were over in the corner, just staring around at everyone. They too, like Tia, had picked up on the weird vibes in the group. Renee, however was looking at the cute guys, that somehow had found their way through the gates. Tia just glanced back to the podium. They were fourth, fourth..she just breathed calmly, as Coach Laufeld was indicating for them all to move out some side doors. Ready or not, North Beach here we come, thought Tia, as they went outside to prepare themselves.

The time had come, thought Melissa as the third squad had just began their dance routine. All the girls were nervous, and not being too bitchy toward each other. "Okay girls." Coach Laufeld began. "Just get out there, and make the most you can, and remember to stay calm." she said smiling. "Just remember how we practiced, and all will be fine." And then the loud speaker came on, they all quickly slapped hands in support, and raced out onto the mat, big smiles pasted on, as they all took position, and launched into their routine, which was going very well, they had everything perfectly timed, including the whole being in sync with each other. Suddenly, the crowd errupted, and the cheerleaders all beamed. Melissa Fox just breathed in, as they went back to the tents, to watch themselves on the television, finally letting a breath out with the team, when they saw that they had done everything perfect, and they hadn't stepped out of the lines.

Lila Fowler was just filing her nails. Their routine was over, but they still had to stay around to see if they got any placings, so that meant, the rest of the time here, would be all fun and play. And they would be able to check the other routines without any fear, at least their routine was over. She glimpsed at Jessica who was hugging Jeremy, which was surprising, she didn't think he was coming. Oh well, that's kinda sweet, Lila thought, with a stab of envy for her ex best friend. She seemed really happy these days. Lila was wistful as she gazed over at Jessica who seemed to be oozing confidence, and next to her was her identical twin Elizabeth who was also grinning, and also looking concerned, the real Elizabeth caring look. Lila accidentally missed her nails, and decided, that she would not care, as her look was far more important for now.

Journal entries

Jesica Wakefield
Jeremy came, he really came, I love Jeremy, I really do, he came, he really came. Sweet dreams to me, I am going to forget that horrible Heather Mallone. Ooh, forgotten, wait, why I am I suddenly thinking of her. Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy, why is Heather a judge? Arggghhh.

Melissa Fox
Lila's solution to things is to file her nails? We have just competed in a routine, and while everyone else seems to be sniggering behind my back, Lila is looking nonchalant, and filing her nails, but is it me or does she keep glancing at Jessica and Elizabeth?

Elizabeth Wakefield
Jessica is really lucky having a guy like Jeremy, all I got was Conner and months of heartbreak, and now being the good samaritan I am, I have started being nice to Alanna, who happens to be sitting next to me right now.