Covers/Summaries
International
Large Covers
Latest
Spoilers




About Them
El Carro/SVH
Fave/Worst
Picturized
Today's Time




Acronyms
Agree/Disagree
Chupa Chups
Fan Art
Fan fic
Freebies
Funky
Letters from editors
Match It Up
Polls
What if?
What's the deal?




Awards
Banners
Contact Us
Disclaimer
Guest book
Link Me
Links
Other awards
Picky
Rock On
Thanks heaps!
Themes




Clubs
Home
Links
Online diary







Chapter fifteen - Only just the start, or is it?

Melissa Fox woke with a groan on Saturday morning, recollecting their weekend away at the Cheerleading Regionals, they had come third overall, which was good, that meant they would be going to Nationals, so then they could work on their routine even more. But what was really on Melissa's mind was the way her parents acted when she arrived home last night. Her father had been home for once, and was pleased to see her, but her mother had that thin lip she sometimes had. Melissa had to watche herself, or she would not be going anywhere ever again. Her mother had raved at Melissa being selfish and not considering her decision, but in fact Melissa had considered. Cheerleading as an extracurricular activity for college would be excellent to go alongside her perfect marks, which her mother was worried might slip, with all these school days off. Well, she could jump in a lake for all Melissa cared at the moment. She was going to have a good weekend. And starting off, going to the beach would be a good way to take her mind off her dramatic life.

Jessica Wakefield frowned as she looked into her orange juice at breakfast, thinking it held secrets, but all she saw, was the orange juice, and two pieces of ice in it, swirling around. She just glanced up as her mother entered the kitchen. "Mom, you will never guess who was a judge." Her mother smiled. "Who, dear?" Jessica paused and with dramatic effect said. "Heather Mallone, it's an outrage." Mrs Wakefield just smiled and sat on the stool next to her daughter. "I'm sure it wasn't that bad, sweetie. She would have had to be fair, in that position," as she patted Jessica's arm. "Besides, not everything goes the way we always want it to. It's all a bit of give and take." and with that, she strolled out onto the patio, leaving Jessica to her thoughts. Give and take? That's all she had been doing lately. Maybe she'd just ring Jeremy and tell him all about her thoughts. Yes, that would help.

Conner McDermott was sitting in House of Java along with his friends Tia Ramirez and Andy Marsden, and he was beyond bored. Tia was telling them all about cheerleading, she needed someone to talk to about it. But why so early? he asked himself. Oh yeah, Tia had begged, and begged, until he had finally given in. And she probably had done the same with Andy, because he didn't look all that happy with the chat, but snapped out of it long enough to say. "Tia, were their any guys in cute little skirts?" he asked jokingly. Tia just stared, and said. "Yes, Andy they were all over the place." and then she continued with her whole Jessica has changed subject. Conner yawned right then, and Tia just contined, she was rambling on a bit, and he was sure she'd be telling Jessica if it wasn't for the fact, that she supposedly had changed so much. Tia then stopped talking, long enough to take a sip of her latte, and ask what they had been up to. Conner just groaned then, and said "Nothin." However, he hated to admit this, but he was looking forward to see Alanna after all this time of her being away at cheerleading. But then again, she would probably say what Tia had just told them all.

Melissa Fox kicked off her sand shoes as she hopped into the cool water at Secca Lake, just getting away from everyone. The water was very relaxing, as the sun was shining over it, making it glimmer. It was such a beautiful site, if only everything else was so simple. Now that she was back from cheerleading, lots of thoughts were blocking her mind. Like did Tom McKay like her? Or was he interested in Gina and Cherie? How would Will treat her once he saw her? There were loads of questions flooding her mind. She knew she had no friends. And right now, she didn't care at all. Some things were just better off alone. Who was she kidding? She needed friends, everyone did. So what had happened with hers?

Amy Sutton did something out of the ordinary, she was going to confront Tom McKay once and for all, she was sick of second guessing whether he was gay or not. She strolled up to his doorway, and knocked carefully. She was almost knocked over at the sight of him, he was cute. She just blurted out. "So, you like Melissa don't you?" Tom just stared at Amy, and grinned. "Long time no see, Ames, and yeah I like Melissa, why?" he asked, glancing at her with an odd expression. Amy just backed away. "But what about you know what?..." Amy stuttered, looking at the ground, she just needed to know, curiosity was getting the better of her. Tom looked thoughtfully at her. "Things have changed, and well so have I, you know?" Amy then backed away. "Well, thanks for talking, I've got to go." and with that she ran toward her car. What an awkward moment that had been, as Amy just drove away. What sort of an idiot did what she just had done? Really. What a lunatic, Amy thought as she was driving home, with her face as red as a beet.

Tom McKay thought to himself that some things never change, especially not Amy's eye for gossip. She still looked the same and everything, and the urge to just know hadn't changed. He did indeed like Melissa Fox though, she was unlike anyone he had ever known, and she seemed really nice under the mask she was putting up to the world. He smiled, thinking he might call her, or wait till school on Monday to talk to her.

Elizabeth Wakefield held her head high, as she headed to Sedona to do her afternoon shift. Things were finally looking up, and she was smiling as she walked through the doors. A thought struck her, this would be Jessica's dream job if only she wasn't out HOJ, she loved make-up more than Elizabeth ever had. Elizabeth didn't miss her job at HOJ, although at times she got annoyed with all the women wanting make-overs, especially when there was a rush, but today was a nice sunny day, and it didn't look overpacked, just sunny and peaceful. Or maybe it was just the mood Elizabeth was in. Sure, she had no boyfriend, but that was not going to stop her from moving on, in fact, she was glad she had moved on. She was getting along with her ex-boyfriend Conner's girlfriend Alanna even more these days. She wasn't that bad, and she needed company, after all Elizabeth was very aware how moody Conner could be at times, she just smiled, glad that she could look back, and not have tears popping up in her eyes. Maybe someday she would meet her dream guy, and maybe not, she was not about to dwell on it.

Journal entries

Jessica Wakefield
Cheerleading Nationals are coming up soon!

Melissa Fox
Give me a L, give me an O, an S, E, R, what does that spell? LOSER, just the way I feel at the moment..

Elizabeth Wakefield

Things are looking up, and I finally cracked a smile today, let's see if I can do it for the rest of the semester.


*note* this is the final chapter to this second sequel, a third one will be coming in time!